Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I told him I could no longer correspond with him except through an attorney since he was threatening litigation... which obviously he never followed through on as there was no case. He's on his 3rd dev company after me.

Wasn't a surprise to me either. I saw how he went through staff and how he treated them on their exit, I knew at some point I'd be in his crosshairs

Those must be some entertaining inside stories.

SwordofStMichael

Apr 4, 2013
Your Home Town Sports Station, 93.7 The Fan
...11pm sports update...
...Pittsburgh Penguins starting goalie injured and out for a few weeks was...the last story...
...behind tons of college football coaching changes...
Your Home Town Sports Station, 93.7 The Fan

SwordofStMichael

Apr 4, 2013
re: DK, is has lost near 200 subs (if not more) since Yohe and Kaboly left, now he is giving a away free subs to college kids to catch up.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
Those must be some entertaining inside stories.
There were definitely some. Mostly it's just exactly what you'd think. Trashing his staff and throwing temper tantrums. Thinking anyone commenting negatively on his site was a Pittsburgh Trib plant there to sabotage his business, so he'd call me in a tizzy to ban them. Would call me saying that I needed to take down so and so's picture because they are no longer with the site IMMEDIATELY. Had bad endings with everyone on his team that left

One time I went to a business dinner with a prospective client. Kessel trade news broke. Site went down (22000% spike in page views), we were equipped to handle that volume but not that type of spike, scaling takes a few minutes per machine with the tech we were using. It auto scaled and recovered as I had set it up to do but it took about 3-5 minutes to perform initial scaling so it was largely unavailable for about a half hour as the traffic kept spiking and locked up machines became available again. I got out of that dinner with no lie over 40 calls and 25 texts, couple of emails too (in 45 minutes time). Did he think the I was screening them but would miraculously see the 41st one? I was not even his employee. Who does that? That's like crazy ex gf behavior

Oh and he shit on Depres and said he was shipped out 100% cuz of gambling issues

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
DK is an asshole. When I canceled my subscription to his site, I told him that the coverage had gone downhill and had attracted a commenting base full of idiots and yes men. I doubt he even cared about what I said, but it still felt good.

exHornet

May 14, 2014
I don't know if anybody noticed, but today DK had a Steelers article, in which he had a throwaway comment about JuJu not being the darling that he's portrayed as in his social media. He then stated that the kid had a lot of growing up to do, or something like that. In the comments section he got called on that remark a lot, and just about all of the comments got scrubbed out. The only ones he allows to stay up are the ones that praise him like a conquering King.

That guy really does seem to have some serious issues. If anybody is going to subscribe to that site, I'd recommend only doing it monthly. It's only a matter of time before it goes down, in my opinion.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
I don't know if anybody noticed, but today DK had a Steelers article, in which he had a throwaway comment about JuJu not being the darling that he's portrayed as in his social media. He then stated that the kid had a lot of growing up to do, or something like that. In the comments section he got called on that remark a lot, and just about all of the comments got scrubbed out. The only ones he allows to stay up are the ones that praise him like a conquering King.

That guy really does seem to have some serious issues. If anybody is going to subscribe to that site, I'd recommend only doing it monthly. It's only a matter of time before it goes down, in my opinion.

Yea heavily scrubbed, and he links to his article about him getting diabetes daily... Like that's somehow relevant to sports news. Ego maniac

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I do an annual sub there. For 24$ bucks a year it's whatever. Their coverage isn't great but sometimes they do decent stuff, and I like to devour all Pens related content I can get as long as it's reasonably produced and not straight out of someones ass like Depaoli. I have a sub to the Athletic as well.

I guess I'm just a sucker lol. I'll probably cancel at some point if it continues to go down hill, but I waste money on all kinds of stupid shit so what's one more thing.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
There is something seriously wrong with DK. Yeesh.

Per Voy Forum:

''Katie didn’t leave. DK fired her over text message after several weeks of telling her she didn’t “know hockey,” that she misled him in her interview and basically tricked everyone else that thinks she knows the game. There were texts sent to other employees about this too. He tried to make her a freelancer and pay per piece instead of paying a salary. And wanted to keep her away from games and day to day coverage. Coincidentally this was right before Chris Bradford started.

She came to the game in question to work on something for DK’s site, and he was upset since he told her not to come to the game and that he’d do it himself. There shouldn’t have been an issue since she was credentialed and came to do work for him but he still tried to act important and get Pens PR to intervene. They didn’t see a problem so she wasn’t asked to leave. DK texted her a little while after the game to say that she was fired, even though she was there the whole night and he could have told her in person. Classy.''

crossicepass

Sep 7, 2008
Anyone else notice Madden has been devoting less time to the Pens compared with previous years? Or so it seems to us here at the garage.

HMPens

Dec 26, 2011
Anyone else notice Madden has been devoting less time to the Pens compared with previous years? Or so it seems to us here at the garage.
I've noticed the same thing. He spends way less time talking about the Pens, and much more than he ever spent on the Steelers. I wonder if he got a lot of his "insider information" from Rick Tocchet, and he doesn't have the connections he used to have with the Penguins.

Reactions: KIRK

crossicepass

Sep 7, 2008
I've noticed the same thing. He spends way less time talking about the Pens, and much more than he ever spent on the Steelers. I wonder if he got a lot of his "insider information" from Rick Tocchet, and he doesn't have the connections he used to have with the Penguins.

Dunno. But it's been 80 minutes of non-stop pounding the James Harrison might sign with NE nail and nothing about the trade rumors swirling around the Pens nor the predicament the team currently finds itself. Not even a tease the Pens are on the menu for today.

Madden is very good -if not the best- as what he does in the city of Pittsburgh. As he's always been exceedingly hockey-centric one can't help but notice how far he's veered from that- almost to the point of disinterest.

Whatever, I'm sure it's an anomaly. Madden is a hockey fanatic and while I could never be certain I'd bet he has a great relationship with the team. He's done a lot for them over the years...that much IS certan.

Last edited:

turd

Feb 1, 2013

Katie Brown’s side of the DK break up.

TLDR: DK is a f***ing jerk off like we all knew.

gtpeli2

Feb 5, 2014
DK is trash. How dumb can you be to personally bash people with a platform that you KNOW will be heard? Just doesn't seem like a very smart guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->