Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
If Cook's story is true then JR needs to get rid of Phil ASAP.

Quitting on your team because you don't like who your playing with is pathetic.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I don't know if it is or isn't true.

But i just know from watching the games that something was going on with Phil to play that bad in the playoffs.
Maybe I'm just naive, but he had his best statistical regular season of his career, and he's a proven playoff performer. His 2018 playoffs were contrary to both of those. To me, that points to injury.

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
He looked hurt to me, but obviously Sullivan has denied it. There could be something going on. The article is biased imo though. Phil isn't the first player Sully has issue with and Sheary's undeserving ice-time. A lot of weird stuff has happened since the second cup.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
What reason do we have to believe that this is true?

It's not.... teammates opinions of Kessel from all accounts, say he is a funny, yet shyand quiet guy, that doesnt cause much fuss.

Ya he doesnt go the extra mile defensively or get physical. But I could name many Offensive minded forwards that are the same way, who dont get nearly as much flak as him. Probably due to his shy introverted personality.

Cook is just grasping straws because him and the media are mad he didnt talk to them at locker clean out day.
I wouldnt wanna get peppered with questions about my injury and why I didnt just sit during the playoffs either.

He doesnt owe the media shit. Especially after how he was treated in Toronto.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
if the pens are leaking why would it be to ron cook who barely has any grasp of the sport? its just clickbait crap

Reactions: USMC607

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Explain, or your post is what's idiotic.

I wont say hes done much at all. Once again I love sully.

But playing recchis pet Simon even when he was injured over sprong, when we were void of offense and no one was really playing great Defense was a meh move.

Saying everyone's injury was significant in the clean out day presser EXCEPT for Kessel was a dick move. Just say all in question were injured to some degree or another. Then elaborate on the serious ones. But if asked about Kessel just say yeah he was injured.

Cant complain about sheary. Our line shuffling resulting in sheary getting more ice time was due to injuries and him trying to get a spark going.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I did think the Simon move was foolish. That was our only producing line. Did they have any ES goals w Simon? I think maybe Jake had one in G4?

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
My sense was Sully might have been taking a dig at Phil, but who knows. He seemed for certain injured to me, core and upper body too maybe.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
> Phil is clearly injured, everybody acknowledges this

> media writes Phil quit on the team because they want clicks a month later

> people believe media

f*** the media and people who ever give it the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: USMC607

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
> Phil is clearly injured, everybody acknowledges this

> media writes Phil quit on the team because they want clicks a month later

> people believe media

**** the media and people who ever give it the benefit of the doubt.

Exactly. So Madden churns the rumor mill at a slow time of year and everyone bites? The whole thing seems extremely hard to believe to me, to say the least. I guess people just want someone to be mad at because the team had the audacity to not win three Cups in a row.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Exactly. So Madden churns the rumor mill at a slow time of year and everyone bites? The whole thing seems extremely hard to believe to me, to say the least. I guess people just want someone to be mad at because the team had the audacity to not win three Cups in a row.

No, it’s a matter of positioning ourselves to continue to be a contender when Malkin and Crosby hit 33-34 which Kessel won’t do.

If his attitude is part of it, it makes the issue even easier to solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->