OT: Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst | Now with more Fake News

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Doth my buttocks twinge? 'Nay verily tis thine owne hindquarters that doeth hurten.

butt-trumpets9.jpg

Dear God. I absolutely MUST have this picture in my house

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Imagine looking like Mark Madden and thinking you can call anyone else unattractive.

I read the article today about her being suicidal after getting let go from MNF.

She was a former model and the article talked about people saying she was hired for her looks and was just a “bimbo”.

So I assume the Madden article was probably insinuating she had the job because of her looks, not that she was unattractive.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Imagine looking like Mark Madden and thinking you can call anyone else unattractive.
At least he primarily only works in radio? The only time I ever see his bloated face is on that Sunday night sports show on WPXI.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Agreed. Dont suck at your job or work as a broadcaster if you can’t take criticism.
You can be the greatest person in the world and someone somewhere we'll have a bad opinion of you. It's unfortunate but you don't let it ruin your day let alone possibly compromise your life.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
At least he primarily only works in radio? The only time I ever see his bloated face is on that Sunday night sports show on WPXI.
That really shouldn't matter what he does. You just can't let someones negative opinion affect you to that degree.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Imagine letting his opinion, (or anyones for that matter) mean so much you want to end things.

If you read the entire article, it's clear that Madden's comments were more of a last straw, not the sole cause of her suicidal thoughts. The tweet is not really a good representation of the article. I sympathize with her, though. If you're already depressed it's easy to get more upset by something you'd normally shake off.

I read the article today about her being suicidal after getting let go from MNF.

She was a former model and the article talked about people saying she was hired for her looks and was just a “bimbo”.

So I assume the Madden article was probably insinuating she had the job because of her looks, not that she was unattractive.

You're right. I read it wrong.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If you read the entire article, it's clear that Madden's comments were more of a last straw, not the sole cause of her suicidal thoughts. The tweet is not really a good representation of the article. I sympathize with her, though. If you're already depressed it's easy to get more upset by something you'd normally shake off.

You're right. I read it wrong.
It's a shame for anyone to get to that point, but if it's harsh comments that you're having a hard time with, probably not the best profession by which to make a living.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Whole lotta inexcusable defense of inexcusable behavior, man. Doesn’t matter if this was merely “the last straw” or not. His words still pushed this person to consider suicide, horrible words that didn’t deserve a platform or attention. No reason for them to have been published but that’s his entire schtick. He’s disgusting and he really doesn’t deserve the platform to spout his bile.

Reactions: Mischa

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Whole lotta inexcusable defense of inexcusable behavior, man. Doesn’t matter if this was merely “the last straw” or not. His words still pushed this person to consider suicide, horrible words that didn’t deserve a platform or attention. No reason for them to have been published but that’s his entire schtick. He’s disgusting and he really doesn’t deserve the platform to spout his bile.

Meh, if you de-platform everyone who says something that makes someone feel bad, HF would be shut down quicker than Parlor. What if your thread wishing Sullivan be fired was the 'last straw' for him?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Meh, if you de-platform everyone who says something that makes someone feel bad, HF would be shut down quicker than Parlor. What if your thread wishing Sullivan be fired was the 'last straw' for him?

If we all got de-platformed for our horrendous bad takes (which haven't yet driven anyone to madness and the abyss as far as I'm aware), it'd probably be an internet mercy killing. :laugh:

Like oh f***, where are we dumbasses going to gripe about our sports team now? The local bar? Psh. How quaint.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
In other words, if you strike me my hot shitposts down, they will rise again, stronger and more annoying, and probably more incomprehensible than ever. Also, I'd like another Rusty Nail when you get a chance, thanks.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->