OT: Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst | Now with Drunken Rants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wow, Ed Bouchette is leaving the PG to join The Athletic. He’ll still be covering the Steelers.
I wouldn't be shocked to see more of this sort of thing.

Far too many news outlets have their own agenda and well, there's also the pay and the ability to finally write what you want without retribution.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Not the only one. Stephen Nesbitt and Sean Gentille also left the PG for the Athletic today.

I wonder if the PG’s new owners and their political leanings and approach to journalism had anything to do with these defections...

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Reactions: Andy99

Dinfire

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
I wonder if the PG’s new owners and their political leanings and approach to journalism had anything to do with these defections...

It certainly didn’t help keep them there. Most likely it came down to money and job security. Wouldn’t surprise me if one or both of the Pittsburgh papers fold in the next few years. It’s a dying business.

Reactions: Andy99

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Local print journalism is a sinking ship, unfortunately. Not in Pittsburgh, but in most cities with a metro population below, say, 10 million. All a company like the Athletic needs to do to rob it of talent is bid slightly higher, which isn't a problem because the PG has no money to bid with.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I finally caved in and subscribed to Athletic, could not found Yohe's article on trading Geno so I thought WTF...at least get to see Jesse's video games there;)

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Chris Bradford OUT at DKPS.

Still got Matt Sunday and Taylor Haase on Penguins coverage.

Lmao, this must not have been a pleasant divorce:

Reactions: Patric Hornqvist

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Chris Bradford OUT at DKPS.

Still got Matt Sunday and Taylor Haase on Penguins coverage.

Lmao, this must not have been a pleasant divorce:

With it being the offseason, there's really no urgency to make a full time hire. Then again, I'm not sure who's left as options . . . :laugh:

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
DK is a joke. No surprise that Mackey and Yohe have had substantially more on the Penguins' offseason drama, even if we hate it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
DK is a joke. No surprise that Mackey and Yohe have had substantially more on the Penguins' offseason drama, even if we hate it.

I wonder if that's why Bradford is gone. Everyone got something except him. Argument about doing his job, and he's gone. As I said, if you're going to fire a Pens writer, this certainly gives you time to find a replacement. At least that's the theory involved . . .

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I wonder if that's why Bradford is gone. Everyone got something except him. Argument about doing his job, and he's gone. As I said, if you're going to fire a Pens writer, this certainly gives you time to find a replacement. At least that's the theory involved . . .
Now that you mention it, I actually recall a few weeks back when DK was on Madden, Madden told DK about how he was hearing Dumo was going to play that night and DK was all like “what? There is no indication” etc. and Madden said sources were saying it, just because it’s not on your site doesn’t mean it’s not true... and Madden was right about Dumo.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Now that you mention it, I actually recall a few weeks back when DK was on Madden, Madden told DK about how he was hearing Dumo was going to play that night and DK was all like “what? There is no indication” etc. and Madden said sources were saying it, just because it’s not on your site doesn’t mean it’s not true... and Madden was right about Dumo.

I thought of the same thing. DK was made to look uninformed. In reality, WGAS if his site had the info or not. But people in the media assume the public is so concerned about who breaks a story.

Just get it right dummies

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
This is the kind of thing that happens when you chase away everyone close to the team. You don't have sources or people close to the team and your stuff suffers.

I was offered a spot with him before all of the stories came out. It felt really fishy and the answers I needed about the job didn't make me confident in the stability. I said no and less than a week later all of these stories dropped and high profile people quit. Safe to say I made a great choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->