OT: Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst | Now with Drunken Rants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty Razor

Jun 25, 2017
From the PGT. So damn predictable. I guess Josh is still aching from the loss of his precious MAF. Especially ironic because that goal had MAF special written all over it, yet that tweet would have been unthinkable for him had it actually been MAF in net.

He takes every opportunity to take a shot at Murray. Lately it has been with this concerned "it's just odd" shtick. Just plain unprofessional.

Yohe is a moron

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Yohe is a moron

e5d45eab567d9a84e7e61477fabb6f07.jpg

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
He needs to get control of his personal feelings. He also was doing his Steve Simmons impression on Phil last Summer and was taking shots at Sprong after the trade.

I've got Yohe down as an org hit guy for the most part - if someone there wants to take shots at a player post-trade, they seem to use him (see the stuff about Brass).

Which makes his Murray tweets odd.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

Cool video with Geno- get some insight into his personality (and mansion). Is it just me or does it look like he's laboring a bit walking around his house? Kinda does look like his ribs are hurt

Can I get the link to that? It's not showing up on my phone's browser.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
"Hey, Sid! Your story sucks. Go sit in that ice cream!"

That was funny af. I'll leave the punch line out. lol

Re: This was a story told on the SC podcast: Scuderi.
It was at the start. Story told by Whit.
Listened to the Barnaby one as well. Good stuff.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Yohe has solid contacts and can get some decent interviews, and I do think the org gives him good info (like @Peat was saying about Brass), and is a good enough writer. I like him for getting a sense of the room.

But I’ve never really felt he has great interpretations of what happens on the ice in the actual games.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I feel like Mark Madden's soccer team never loses and yet he constantly *****es about them. Of course they just scored and he lost his **** on air.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yohe has solid contacts and can get some decent interviews, and I do think the org gives him good info (like @Peat was saying about Brass), and is a good enough writer. I like him for getting a sense of the room.

But I’ve never really felt he has great interpretations of what happens on the ice in the actual games.

Honestly, this can sum up my feelings about almost all the hockey media, not just the morons who cover the Pens.

They've got contacts, so they get inside scoops that most "regular" hockey fans don't have access to. But in terms of actually analyzing what they're watching, I've never been impressed with about 95% of the media who cover the NHL.

This forum can be a cesspool at times, but if I wanted to read reviews of a game or a team I don't get to see much, I'd rather read the opinions on here than listen to people like Yohe, Mackey, Rossi, etc. breaking down the actual on-ice performance.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Spittin' had another good one with Sid's and now PIT's personal trainer/coach Andy O'Brien.
Was more PG-13 but had a couple fun Sid stories.
Goes into how they train now.
Fun stories about Belfour/Roberts and great stuff about Montador as well.

Reactions: StaalForOne

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
Honestly, this can sum up my feelings about almost all the hockey media, not just the morons who cover the Pens.

They've got contacts, so they get inside scoops that most "regular" hockey fans don't have access to. But in terms of actually analyzing what they're watching, I've never been impressed with about 95% of the media who cover the NHL.

This forum can be a cesspool at times, but if I wanted to read reviews of a game or a team I don't get to see much, I'd rather read the opinions on here than listen to people like Yohe, Mackey, Rossi, etc. breaking down the actual on-ice performance.

Yohe isn't paid to be an analyst. He's a beat writer. His job is to cover the tabloid-type material, not game play. I never got why people mention any of the above as if they're paid to cover X's and O's in the first place.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Madden's got Sid on his show at 3:15 today, and Kessel at 4:15. Sully tomorrow.

Guess that couple day window between the regular season and playoffs is the best time to get these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad