Proposal: Pitt and Ottawa

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Sens fan
I would do this in a heartbeat and add a pick, maybe one of those late 2nd's we have.
Ottawa has an extremely poor record of developing goalies over nearly 30 years. I wouldn't count on any prospect coming out of this organization, only to find out he's the next Emery, Lehner or Elliott... those are the best the team has ever produced and in some cases, needed other teams to bring out the best in them.
He's 25yo, so he fits with the age group and he has a lot of winning experience in postseason. He takes a question mark moving forward and adds a lot of certainty. Give away Nilsson. If one of the prospects develops into something better than Ottawa has ever managed to developed before, great. But... chickens... hatching ... and all that.

Reactions: Crosside

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
What’s this? The 9th Murray to Ottawa proposal? The 15th proposal to trade Tierney without addressing a team need.

Ottawa don’t need a goalie, and they won’t move Tierney unless it’s for something they need.

Andy P

Dec 21, 2018
What’s this? The 9th Murray to Ottawa proposal? The 15th proposal to trade Tierney without addressing a team need.

Ottawa don’t need a goalie, and they won’t move Tierney unless it’s for something they need.
So make a counter offer instead of complaining about it

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Top 5 murray landing spots.. Ottawa was on the list .. research it...hawks, flames , oilers and minny ...
From Whom.

What source inside the senators organization said this? On what basis was the analysis made? or what legitimate reporter made this list and one what conversations, interviews, etc..?

Don't tell me you read some "top-5 spots for Murray" on some bullshit blog written by a HFboards poster and now think he's going to the Sens.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
What happened to Murray?

Looked like he was gonna be another star goalie in the NHL

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
What happened to Murray?

Looked like he was gonna be another star goalie in the NHL
I think he's still got a good future ahead of him. He's been a little shakey since his dad died, but the bottom line is Jarry outplayed him this year and should be cheaper to sign since he's got a shorter resume. We need the cap space and are willing to gamble on Jarry.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
well, if we are talking oilers........i would want p. broberg :nod:
hawks......17 oa 2020
min..........boldy
senn's...... l. thomson

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
It's going to be Poulin - Tierney - Hornqvist as a 3rd line unless Poulin falls on his face in camp, and I think it will be pretty good.
JR needs to trade Hornqvist. We need more speed than he can bring.

I like the Tierney trade though.

Guentzel-Crosby-Kapanen
Zucker-Malkin-Rust
Poulin-Tierney-???
ZAR-Blueger-Tanev

Tampa will be in a cap crunch, either Johnson or Palat would peak my interest.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Tampa: McCann

Ottawa: Murray

Pitt: Johnson + Tierney

Then JR finds a way to dump Hornqvist for cap space

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
No reason for Ottawa to make this trade whatsoever.

6 goalies in the system, plus potential for more from the draft. Murray doesn’t give us firepower up front which is what we need, nor does he add to the defence.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Tampa: McCann

Ottawa: Murray

Pitt: Johnson + Tierney

Then JR finds a way to dump Hornqvist for cap space
What about the option of trading Horny back to Nashville? It's probably one of the teams on his short list to be traded to and they have a decent 3rd line centre that the Pens are very familiar with in Bonino. Bonino costs less than Horny, so it could be a way to save a bit of cap space. Not to mention, we know JR likes revisiting old players.

Plus I line of McCann - Bonino - Bjugstad actually really intrigues me. Of course assuming that McCann's rights aren't traded away and Bjugstad still has a pulse.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
What about the option of trading Horny back to Nashville? It's probably one of the teams on his short list to be traded to and they have a decent 3rd line centre that the Pens are very familiar with in Bonino. Bonino costs less than Horny, so it could be a way to save a bit of cap space. Not to mention, we know JR likes revisiting old players.

Plus I line of McCann - Bonino - Bjugstad actually really intrigues me. Of course assuming that McCann's rights aren't traded away and Bjugstad still has a pulse.
Nothing about Bjugstad intrigues me. I hope he stays on IR for next season until his contract is up.

Hornqvist to Nashville makes some sense if they still want to be competitive and aren’t looking for a rebuild. Not sure what a fair price would be though

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Counter proposal:

Murray + Bjugstad @ 30% retained
for
Tierney + Nilsson

Sens will need to move Nilsson if they add an NHL goalie. Nilsson, if healthy, provides PITS with a quality NHL backup who can start in a pinch; if hes not healthy, to LTIR he goes. Bjugstad can fill a hole for OTT and maybe be flipped down the line, or open up the Sens to moving out Anisimov too.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

If we trade Nilsson, I have no problem giving Murray a chance. If the cost to acquire a guy who could potentially rebound and become a number one guy is Tierney, I do it easily. Add Bjustad or McCann from their side too if you want. I’d like to ride with Murray and Hogberg next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad