Pitlick Shows What the Oilers Have Been Missing

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Shouldn't you "kingdom" be your moderator status?... Just sayin...

Edit: Am I allowed to use a GIF in my signature? I really want to use that :laugh:

Giving someone Mod status is pretty much the worst cyberly transmitted disease you can give someone. I jump on this grenade for all of you.

All the more power to you if you can. I don't think it'll work.

Hahaha, I can't believe I haven't seen that.

Did you know Tim and Eric (from Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!) started the awesome Old Spice commercials from the past few years.

tim-and-eric-universe-o.gif

It's pretty new. The worst architect in the world one is tops for me right now.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I thought this place deemed him a bust.
Actually no. If you go back about three years you'll see many fantasy roster posts with our future second line featuring MPS and Pitlick.
That was some funny stuff.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
A guy I'd like target would be Travis Moen tbh. Also, Kyle Clifford

Moen - Gordon - Pitlick
Smyth - Acton - Jones/Gazdic

Musicman798

Feb 28, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
That GIF makes the whole play seem really slow. Was it actually a quick play? I missed the whole game tonight cause I was in a rehearsal. Was checking my phone periodically and had to hold back from cheering when I saw that the Oilers scored the go-ahead goal.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
A guy I'd like target would be Travis Moen tbh. Also, Kyle Clifford

Moen - Gordon - Pitlick
Smyth - Acton - Jones/Gazdic

We've finally got some speed in our bottom 6, and it just seemed so much more effective because of it. Trading for Moen does the exact opposite. I wouldn't mind Clifford though.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Loved his game. Small sample size, but definitely an upgrade on Brown, and many other bottom sixers that have skated through the turn styles lately.

knockoutpanda

Oilers Fan
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Gionta really tried to sell that as boarding.

I think Pitlick's career kind of got derailed with the injuries he has faced. From what I have read and scene he has been really good in the playoffs for the Barons as long as he was not injured.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I don't care if Pitlick gets many points. The Oilers already have lots of players that are supposed to be able to put up points.
If he can keep working hard and being a tenacious SOB, that's good enough for me.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
It's one game.

I'm going to hold off crowning him until the 40 game mark. If he continues to be a fast skating, defensively responsible forward who can throw a hit without getting wildly out of position, he'll have no problem getting to the 40 game mark.

With that said, he didn't do anything incredibly stupid last night costing a victory and for that I applaud him.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I don't care if Pitlick gets many points. The Oilers already have lots of players that are supposed to be able to put up points.
If he can keep working hard and being a tenacious SOB, that's good enough for me.

At the end of the day that's probably the wrong attitude. Here's a direct quote from our GM at the end of last season:

“In today’s NHL you really have to be a threat to score at some point, even marginally. We had a lot of guys who really, the best they were going to be in any given game was a non-factor. There wasn’t a lot of upside for our guys, our role players to significantly help us, but the few times we did we ended up winning those games.â€

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
Loved his game. Small sample size, but definitely an upgrade on Brown, and many other bottom sixers that have skated through the turn styles lately.

Haha, sorry, I just have to - it's "turnstiles" :laugh:

I thought he looked pretty damn good for his first game - by which I mean, he wasn't a liability. He even threw some good hits. That's a plus over Brown for sure.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't know about crediting him with changing the game, but he is very good at his role. The difference with him is he's not completely lost in his own end like Gazdic is. He can break out, he can carry the puck through the neutral zone, and he can effectively dump and chase.

Very impressive game, he looks like he could be a permanent fixture on the 4th line for a long time.

I agree. The key for me is he played a larger role than we are use to seeing out of these bangers. Having guys go out and hit for 5 minutes a game while the rest of the forwards aren't hitting doesn't do much. But you start getting 3rd liners and 2nd liners playing gritty and it really starts to show dividends.

aseef26

Mar 20, 2008
Ottawa
I don't know about crediting him with changing the game, but he is very good at his role. The difference with him is he's not completely lost in his own end like Gazdic is. He can break out, he can carry the puck through the neutral zone, and he can effectively dump and chase.

Very impressive game, he looks like he could be a permanent fixture on the 4th line for a long time.

I definitely saw him as a game changer last night. I cant remember the last time any line on this team worked a dump and chase so succssfully. He was energetic and physical. He played a smart game and I think guys like Jones needed a reminder of how they're supposed to be playing the game. Put pitlick and joensuu together on a 3rd line with Gordon and I think the whole team dynamic changes. We need more guys bringing the game 68 brought last night if we're going to compete

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I loved this guy in preseason and thought that he should have made the team.
We need more guys like this who take the body and forecheck hard

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I thought Pitlick looked very effective. He can skate, move the puck reasonably well and finishes his checks consistently. Hopefully he'll be able to sustain his performance and avoid injury.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
Interesting comments from Rishaug this morning on Pitlick. He praised him for playing a dead simple first NHL game - skating hard, finishing checks, putting the puck deep.

But he also suggested he's got more skill than a typical bottom 6 winger and would like to see him carry the puck a bit more and look to be offensive. Can't say Ive seen this from Pitlick much in the past, but it'd be a great dynamic to have in the bottom 6. Wingers like him and a healthy Joensuu are just what's needed

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
One game only sample but for his NHL first game it was pretty solid.

Not sure if he has enough offensive talent for the NHL but his skating, positioning, and hitting are there.

I think he has shown enough to keep playing him and hopefuly he can carve out a role in the bottom 6.

From what I seen last night Joensuu, Gordon, Pitlick would be a pretty sweet line.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
if he did ... wow what a guy :)

It's not.

From what we know (the Sportsnet broadcast), Pitlick's mom was there. She flew out when she heard he was playing. He scrambled to find her a ticket.

Unless of course bozwell has information that is unbeknownst to those who's views are skewed by the Oilers brainwashing dome around Edmonton. :sarcasm:

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I really don't think offence is going to be much of an issue for Pitlick. With 3rd/4th line players, you're expecting 15-30 points out of them. Pitlick's shot alone should create enough rebounds to get him those points. If he had good playmaking skills/shot accuracy, he'd be a top 6 forward, but I think that ship sailed 2 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad