Pitlick Shows What the Oilers Have Been Missing

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Is it true that Farence flew Pitlicks family in for the game?

Not sure about that, but it would be classy move if so. Per the game broadcast Pitlick said his mom was there, don't think it was his entire family.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
So you're saying that whether it's Stamkos or Smyth shooting, it doesn't matter. They're all the same?

Exactly. You can make a case that he needs to get in better position for the shot, but to claim Pitlick can't shoot is just ridiculous

What I'm saying is that if Stamkos shoots from where Pitlick generally shoots from it's not a rocket by the time it gets to the net.

If Smyth did it it wouldn't make it to the net.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
We need more players that play like Pitlick. It sets off a domino effect which benefits right to the top (Nugent Hopkins, Eberle, etc.).

I'm fine with that. Pitlick is a better Mike Brown.... But don't expect Glencross.

I have no idea how Oilers promote their AHLers. I always thought Keller > Arcobello, but of course a few years older.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm fine with that. Pitlick is a better Mike Brown.... But don't expect Glencross.

I have no idea how Oilers promote their AHLers. I always thought Keller > Arcobello, but of course a few years older.

I don't think it's coincidence either that the last time the Oilers had any real success in almost making the playoffs in 07-08 (I think) ... it was largely on the back of a feisty, hard skating, hard hitting line with Glencross at the forefront.

We need that in the roster, things are not seperate, everything is connected, what the 4th line does out there filters up to what our 1st line does. It creates open ice, energy, enthusiasm ... when we are the ones on our heels physically all game long and getting nothing off the forecheck, it just saps this team. It kills our confidence.

All the fancy dangles and uber-hype of our "skilled forwards" goes down the toilet. We need to have that gritty backbone, Pitlick and Joensuu are a start even if Pitlick isn't a scorer. Our GM needs to throw all his weight into getting more of this type of player IMO.

SLURVE

Oct 20, 2011
Glad to see Pitlick is getting his chance in the bigs. He skates and handles the puck well and is not afraid to use his large frame of a body to hit and check-something that is far and few between with the Oils. I hope his development (for far too long in AHL) will take him to the next level. I was impressed by his play and as well, he seems to be listening to his coaches and mentor/players.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
yeah pitlick looked good in his first game, thats for sure... lets see if this continues... i've been tricked by too many players first few games where they crash and bang, only to revert to being passive players a few games later

but assuming that pitlick can continue to do what he did tonight, it couldn't hurt to see this lineup (when healthy)

hall RNH eberle
perron gagner yakupov
joensuu gordon hemsky
smyth arcobello pitlick
gazdic/acton

Draw Me a McElephant

Mar 9, 2011
It was nice to see some real energy, hitting and forechecking. I doubt he is more than a fourth liner, but looks to be a legit one, which would be a step up.

Quinteoilers

Jan 7, 2012
Not to derail the thread, but when is the last time the Oilers have had AHL call ups that played like they belong in the NHL? I know Pitlick played a simple game, and be played like a house on fire. But he is no Reddox.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Not to derail the thread, but when is the last time the Oilers have had AHL call ups that played like they belong in the NHL? I know Pitlick played a simple game, and be played like a house on fire. But he is no Reddox.

Pitlick probably should have made the team out of camp, so he's not really the same as a guy like Reddox

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Loved his game tonight.

Still like Eakins comments to him in training camp to "keep playing this way and you will be in the NHL"

Talk about throwing a rabid dog a steak. Seems like he wants to be here

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
What's great about having Pitlick with the Oilers is it will inspire Oilers propsects that there is a NHL job waiting if you know how to play your role. Talent is desirable but is not needed right now. We need grit and physicality.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
Nothing impressive with his play with the puck other than his willingness to chase down his own dump-ins. That being said he wasn't overly successful at re-gaining possession.

What was more impressive was his tenacity with his skating, fore-check, positioning, and ability to read the play while without the puck.

He's someone that's aware when in his own zone, and is capable of properly clearing the puck.

Compared to guys like Jones, Acton, Brown, Eager, and Gazdic - it's a boon.

No, but some of that falls on his linemates not helping him out along the boards. As Jones and Gordon get familiar with him, and vice versa, one would assume that they'll be able to not just chase down, but keep possession of more pucks.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
If Pitlick can cycle, play on a 3rd PK unit, not bleed chances and possession, and continue to progress, he'd be a great 4th line addition. Certainly better than the other 2 stooges we have out there.

Hockey Buddha

Darnell Nurse
Aug 24, 2005
Good on the organization for moving Brown along and bringing in Pitlick. Having a functional fourth line is huge! Pitlick can create some some havoc out there banging bodies and Gazdic can TCB, whenever necessary.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
My kingdom for a gif of Pitlick nailing Gionta.

8XTAiQz.gif

I expect the keys by monday

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
8XTAiQz.gif

I expect the keys by monday

I could watch this for days. Mmm those some tasty boards, eh Gionta?

$T2eC16RHJHUFFiYNdth9BSWsQPv9Zw~~60_35.JPG

Feeling cool and clean, the best that you've ever been. Surrounded by freshness and you're in the position to win...

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Shouldn't you "kingdom" be your moderator status?... Just sayin...

Edit: Am I allowed to use a GIF in my signature? I really want to use that :laugh:

40oz

Jan 21, 2007

Hahaha, I can't believe I haven't seen that.

Did you know Tim and Eric (from Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!) started the awesome Old Spice commercials from the past few years.

tim-and-eric-universe-o.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad