Pitkanen or Tyutin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
Then who would you take Tjutin or Komisarek. I won't tell you my opinion cause I'm biased, but I want to here you on this on.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Garp said:
Then who would you take Tjutin or Komisarek. I won't tell you my opinion cause I'm biased, but I want to here you on this on.
Tjutin by a pretty good margin. He won't get the hype because he is "A" in an organization that everyone hates "B" in an organization that rarley develops prospects "C" There doesn't seem to be many Rangers fans on this site outside their own board.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Reveille said:
Wow, it's interesting to see some of the Devils' fans comming out and supporting Tjutin.

I love both prospects. I'll have to say that Pitkanen has the potential to be better than Tjutin, but it's just potential. Both have it, and myabe both will realize it.

Tjutin can be a star in the league. Hopefully he accomplishes it.
i se you have Montoya in your avatar.......I wouldn't be so quick to cancel out Blackburn from your future. He is an amazing talent and it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being Rangers starter in 5 years rather then Montoya.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Oh, I know. Especially since I've heard decent progress about his recovery. If I had to take a player, I'd take Blackburn since I've loved the kid since he got here. I have hope for him. Very high hopes.

We now have Blackburn, Montoya, Lundqvist, Chris Holt (who many write off, and I just don't understand that since he is a great goalie), and even Labarbera.

That is some very impressive depth.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
JasonMacIsaac said:
Tjutin by a pretty good margin. He won't get the hype because he is "A" in an organization that everyone hates "B" in an organization that rarley develops prospects "C" There doesn't seem to be many Rangers fans on this site outside their own board.

Your A, B & C is dead on, especially A. Nice to see Ranger support from a Devil fan.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Reveille said:
Oh, I know. Especially since I've heard decent progress about his recovery. If I had to take a player, I'd take Blackburn since I've loved the kid since he got here. I have hope for him. Very high hopes.

We now have Blackburn, Montoya, Lundqvist, Chris Holt (who many write off, and I just don't understand that since he is a great goalie), and even Labarbera.

That is some very impressive depth.
Build from the goaltender out.....

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Reveille said:
Damn right. I'd like to see them add a bit more defensive depth.
Well after Tyutin they do have Baranka (who I was extremely impressed with at the WJC), Pock, and Taylor. All are a few years away but you are on the right track. Maybe rangers may end up drafting Anikeenko next year. That would be the future #1 really needed to play top pairing ice time. Jack Johnson is suppost to be a good american kid also.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Well if they end up in the top 2 obviously I'd rather have Brule or Crosby. But if they fall out of that, than I'd like to see them take a look at Johnson or Anikeenko.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
baranka is a few years away for sure...pock probably can step in sooner rather than later, but he might need some seasoning in the AHL. he played 6 games last year and scored 4 points...but more impressive to me was his willingness to play defense...when i heard we signed him i honestly thought he was gonna be a complete offensive defenseman, especially since he used to be a forward...but he really showed he's committed to playing the defensive side of the position as well. he's not gonna be amazingly great at defense but i think he can be solid...didn't shy away from contact in the NHL, didn't back down, played his position like he should. just gotta work on the timing and positioning that makes the NHL different than other levels. but he's got some good instincts, great skating...i think he'll be a good one pretty soon.

taylor is probably at least a few years away too but he'll be a nice bruising stay at homer if he pans out...gotta work on his footspeed though. rumor has it he signed with the rangers and is turning pro (likely to hartford) but it's not official yet

also of mention are kondratiev (russian D from the leetch trade with toronto). haven't seen him play but he sounds like a "tjutin light". little smaller than tjutin but still enough size to fill out good (6'1 190 or so i think)...is said to play bigger than his size, good skater, good puck skills, good defensively...rangers are high on him and from the sounds of it, expect him to play next year on the rangers if there's a season.

also there's liffiton, acquired from colorado...just signed a contract and turned pro. nasty, crease clearing defenseman with decent skills.

and lampman who nearly made the team last year out of camp until he suffered an injury...gotta get stronger and work on his game some more but he's also a viable 3rd pairing guy that's more than just filler.

rangers have some decent depth on D...could use a real star but they can stack their D with some good homegrown guys for the most part. a few more wouldn't hurt however

little a from da bx

Jun 18, 2004
Hossa said:
Pitkanen is on the fast track to be in that Lidstrom/Blake/Niedermayer level of defenceman: those who are Norris contenders every year.
i dont know about that at his age and all them head injuries already i wouldnt exactly be so high on him like that, comparing pitkanen to those 3 guys is tough considering he is only a rookie, how can u compare him to nhl superstars. i dont know how anyone can compare these 1st year players no matter who it is 2 great defenseman. my comparison of pitkanen is more close to janne ninnama only pitkanen slightly, just slightly better d wise and offensively , but not much at all.who i would choose i wish nyr had 3 guys in there top 6 d and thgey were pitkanen, tytuin and bouwmeester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->