Value of: Pit wpg

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
Wondering what the value of Derrick Pouliot is from PIT and what assets or positional needs PIT is looking for in return.

RFA D, doesn't figure to get a big raise probably a bridge, has decent possession metrics (someone show me if that's untrue) and fits in to the young inexpensive LHD need that WPG has.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Pens are going to protect Letang, Schultz and one of Dumo/Maatta and trade the other probably. I wouldn't be shocked if Vegas attempts to draft a guy like Pouliot.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wondering what the value of Derrick Pouliot is from PIT and what assets or positional needs PIT is looking for in return.

RFA D, doesn't figure to get a big raise probably a bridge, has decent possession metrics (someone show me if that's untrue) and fits in to the young inexpensive LHD need that WPG has.

We'll take a 2nd round pick for him, if we're lucky.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
Pens are going to protect Letang, Schultz and one of Dumo/Maatta and trade the other probably. I wouldn't be shocked if Vegas attempts to draft a guy like Pouliot.

I'd be very shocked if they took Pouliot. We'll have much better players than him available.

Pouliot isn't worth much in a trade but if he's not given game time here I'd rather see him moved to a team that can give him game time.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

You never know what an org is thinking, but Pouliot developing is critical to the Pens. So trading him doesn't serve their best interests IMHO.

Pens blueline farm is absolute butt and I keep warning Pens fans there is nothing after Pouliot. The one decent prospect they signed, Bengtsson, now is facing major health issues.

They will likely lose a guy like Maatta because of the ED and he will probably be moved so Vegas can't take him.

Daley is a UFA as well.

When Letang will be back, **** knows.

So there will be minutes for Pouliot next season and the Pens really need him to step in and just play his game.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
You never know what an org is thinking, but Pouliot developing is critical to the Pens. So trading him doesn't serve their best interests IMHO.

Pens blueline farm is absolute butt and I keep warning Pens fans there is nothing after Pouliot. The one decent prospect they signed, Bengtsson, now is facing major health issues.

They will likely lose a guy like Maatta because of the ED and he will probably be moved so Vegas can't take him.

Daley is a UFA as well.

So there will be minutes for Pouliot next season and the Pens really need him to step in and just play his game.

DP was essentially passed by Gaunce and Ruhwedel in the grand scheme of things. I don't see him returning. He will be traded in the offseason and his stock doesn't give the Pens much in return.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Daley is a UFA as well.

How many times have we said this?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
DP was essentially passed by Gaunce and Ruhwedel in the grand scheme of things. I don't see him returning. He will be traded in the offseason and his stock doesn't give the Pens much in return.

Gaunce? Ok then...

Dude has been poor in his NHL callups, is 27 years old, and has been severely outplayed by Pouliot in the A.

So that leaves uh... Ruh and... uh...

So basically Pens are golden because every team only needs like one blueline prospect? That how it works?

How many times have we said this?

Dunno what you said, but I know I said I expected him to spend most of the season in the A after Schultz was signed.

Once again, if you guys know about all these secret blueline prospects, do tell.

Oh wait... Gaunce... right, right.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Can someone tell me if the LD defense on Pitts is so good that he can't crack the lineup, or is he just not a very good player?

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
He certainly hasn't given any reason to think that he would steal a spot. We acquired two LHS d-men at the deadline.

He plays like a peewee kid whose dad is making him play...

He has skating, he has skill, he just hasn't looked like he wanted it bad enough...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Can someone tell me if the LD defense on Pitts is so good that he can't crack the lineup, or is he just not a very good player?

He was playing well last year before the deadline on a pair with Cole. Schultz came in, was given his spot, and that was that. Even the people who hate him for not being the pick they wanted, mostly seemed to agree he got jobbed and didn't deserve to lose his spot to Schultz.

Pouliot was given a chance early this season when injuries hit, but he got hurt after two periods, and went back to the A when his foot healed. Came back up in December for a few games and looked nothing like the confident player he was in Jrs, in the A, and last season. You could tell he was trying too hard not to make mistakes and everything snowballed on him.

Was sent back to the A again, came back up for a few games in March, looked about the same as Dec, Sullivan was apparently mad at his effort and he was sent back.

He basically has lost the mojo that made him so dynamic. Sullivan wants him to move the puck quickly, but his game is based around having a low panic threshold and making plays.

He was putting it together last season because he got to string 17 games together, since then it's been a few here, one there.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
No reason to give up on Pouliot. He wouldn't fetch much at this point and we can definitely use him if he comes into camp with a purpose next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad