Trade: [PIT/TB] Chris Archer for Tyler Glasnow, Austin Meadows and Shane Baz

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
*check earlier posts to make sure I didn’t have some weird take on this trade originally*

Well, I, along with many others called it. Awful trade then and even worse now for the Pirates. Literally have nothing to show for it and Glasgow is Tampa’s no. 2

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
*check earlier posts to make sure I didn’t have some weird take on this trade originally*

Well, I, along with many others called it. Awful trade then and even worse now for the Pirates. Literally have nothing to show for it and Glasgow is Tampa’s no. 2

Glasnow was terrible with the Pirates, him getting traded might have saved his career the way they screw up pitchers he was probably about a year from getting DFA'd

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Glasnow was terrible with the Pirates, him getting traded might have saved his career the way they screw up pitchers he was probably about a year from getting DFA'd

True but he always had a ton of talent and was only what, 24? 25? at the time? Clearly Tampa felt that they could develop him and while he’s not a perfect pitcher he can still be pretty dominant.

Everything pointed to Archer falling a cliff which he was already doing. With the return they got for Cole which was a whole lot of nothing it all adds up to terribad

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
True but he always had a ton of talent and was only what, 24? 25? at the time? Clearly Tampa felt that they could develop him and while he’s not a perfect pitcher he can still be pretty dominant.

Everything pointed to Archer falling a cliff which he was already doing. With the return they got for Cole which was a whole lot of nothing it all adds up to terribad

You don't get 24 losing seasons in 28 years by accident, I'm sure they will figure out a way to blow the #1 overall on a 4th starter this year

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad