Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Oula Palve signs 1-year ELC with PIT

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Interesting signing, he seems to be another Par Lindholm type of player, but I think that's a decent depth player to have. Blueger has the inside track for the 4C spot next year, unless Rutherford goes full idiot again and re-sign Cullen, so I'm curious to see how he does.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Interesting signing. He’s a quick playmaking forward who I noticed playing with Kakko. Don’t think he’ll translate well but it’s worth a shot

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Pass first "top line" type of player, average speed, low physicality.

Honestly I don't think he will be a good bottom 6 grinder or support scorer. He is not good enough for NHL top 6 either.

Injury filler in AHL and the leaves to KHL?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Pass first "top line" type of player, average speed, low physicality.

Honestly I don't think he will be a good bottom 6 grinder or support scorer. He is not good enough for NHL top 6 either.

Injury filler in AHL and the leaves to KHL?

Seeing how Pittsburgh wants to run an offensive "top 9" vs "top 6", means you need a few more offensive type players. Realistically he doesn't do a damn thing for us. Potentially he could be a cheap 30pt player who could provide some skilled depth for us. When it's a 1 yr deal for 800k, who cares either way?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Seeing how Pittsburgh wants to run an offensive "top 9" vs "top 6", means you need a few more offensive type players. Realistically he doesn't do a damn thing for us. Potentially he could be a cheap 30pt player who could provide some skilled depth for us. When it's a 1 yr deal for 800k, who cares either way?

Yep, worst case scenario is that he puts up solid numbers in WBS

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
basically this ^ no way the signing can really backfire for the pens. smart move

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think the best case scenario with him is that he's a 3rd line LWer for Bjugstad and Hornqvist, which could end up a very effective line if Palve's offense from the Liiga can somewhat translate over to the NHL. He'd just have to replace Dominik Simon, who's a playmaker who literally can't score goals.

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
Basicly his ceiling is Jori Lehterä level when Letherä entered the league imo

Last edited:

Jyssy

Jan 2, 2004
Jyväskylä, Finland
Basicly Jori Lehterä level when Letherä entered the league imo
Lehterä was a lock for an NHL spot in his debut season, Palve is not. I see Palve as a prototypical euroleague scorer. My guess is he spends most of the season in the AHL and then returns to Europe (Possibly KHL).

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
Lehterä was a lock for an NHL spot in his debut season, Palve is not. I see Palve as a prototypical euroleague scorer. My guess is he spends most of the season in the AHL and then returns to Europe (Possibly KHL).
Yeah meant to say ceiling, my bad

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
So was Riikola and Pesonen, so was Plotnikov...in their respective leagues.

What can be expect at the NHL level? I'm thinking he's a AHL bound guy.

It's always hard to predict with these guys how well they can translate. Palve is soft and not the greatest skater which will probably hold him back but he most certainly has the smarts and a versatile skillset to hack it in the NHL. Doubt he does well though if not used in a scoring role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->