Confirmed Trade: [PIT/OTT/VGK] PART II (see OP)

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
It's the price of doing business, we have cap space and you do not, so if you want to use it, it'll cost you.

So while McPhee asked for Reaves... we would not. So Ottawa and Pittsburgh want to use our cap space, yes I will ask for a third. If Pittsburgh still needs to get rid of Reaves or a similar salary to fit Brasard under the cap, yes I do want that 4th. If Pittsburgh and Ottawa don't like it, as I said they can look elsewhere for someone to facilitate their trade.

Well then you had better called George McPhee right away and tell him that the deal is off since you never approved of it.

Reactions: CanadianPensFan1

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Can we build a Jim Rutherford statue next to the Mario statue in front of PPG Paints Arena?

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Well then you had better called George McPhee right away and tell him that the deal is off since you never approved of it.
I shall especially now he’s trade my boy Leipsic all trades must now be approved by me.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If he hadn’t forgot to acquire a depth defenseman for the playoffs, sure.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
How is this trade NOT cap-circumvention by the Pens? No clue why the league would accept trades like this? Pens wanted Brassard, but couldnt do a straight swap with Ottawa, then they drop 40% of his salary through Vegas and "Voila" now he fits. So now Pittsburgh have players who get paid a lot over the cap, but are under the cap because this. What is the reason to have a cap when the league approves shit like this?

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
How is this trade NOT cap-circumvention by the Pens? No clue why the league would accept trades like this? Pens wanted Brassard, but couldnt do a straight swap with Ottawa, then they drop 40% of his salary through Vegas and "Voila" now he fits. So now Pittsburgh have players who get paid a lot over the cap, but are under the cap because this. What is the reason to have a cap when the league approves **** like this?

The only shady dealing here is by the LVK, not the Pens or Sens. LVK took a player for free and then traded him and capspace for assets.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
The only shady dealing here is by the LVK, not the Pens or Sens. LVK took a player for free and then traded him and capspace for assets.
It's shady for the whole three... it's not like Ottawa gave VGK Brasard and they were like you know out of the goodness of our hearts we will retain salary and give him to Pittsburgh. Ottawa gave VGK Brassard for that very reason, it's not something Vegas just decided to do on their own.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
How is this trade NOT cap-circumvention by the Pens? No clue why the league would accept trades like this? Pens wanted Brassard, but couldnt do a straight swap with Ottawa, then they drop 40% of his salary through Vegas and "Voila" now he fits. So now Pittsburgh have players who get paid a lot over the cap, but are under the cap because this. What is the reason to have a cap when the league approves **** like this?

If another team wants to retain salary in exchange for assets, that's their right and it's built right into the CBA. Just because this deal looks different than what people are used to seeing, doesn't make it illegal or "shady".

People can whine all they want, but teams have been "selling" their cap space since the new CBA was inked. The only difference here is a third party was the one willing to sell their cap space.

People are just salty because their own GMs never thought of it.

Reactions: shinchanyo

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
If another team wants to retain salary in exchange for assets, that's their right and it's built right into the CBA. Just because this deal looks different than what people are used to seeing, doesn't make it illegal or "shady".

People can whine all they want, but teams have been "selling" their cap space since the new CBA was inked. The only difference here is a third party was the one willing to sell their cap space.

People are just salty because their own GMs never thought of it.

Nevertheless that is cap-circumvention and deals like this makes some teams have more cap-space than others. Shady and I have no clue whatsoever why NHL did allow this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->