:bolts
NJ's 2019 2nd
Zach Aston-Reese

:pens
J.T Miller
Miles Wood

:devils
Phil Kessel

NJ : They add Kessel to their forward core group that includes Hall, Hischier, Palmieri and potentially Hughes. Trading their 2nd wouldn't hurt much considering they own BOS and NSH's 2nds.
PIT : They add two top 9 forwards and improve their overall depth. Miller can slide in the top 6 when needed. Wood would look great on a 3rd line. I'm thinking Wood - Blueger - Bjugstad.
TB : They clear tons of money to sign their young star players. They also add a high 2nd (34th) and a young cost controlled winger on top of it.

Last edited:

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
From a devils standpoint. DONE
Hall-nico-Kessel
Bratt-Hughes-Palmieri
Zacha-Zajac-Coleman

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
How about Tampa just adds their 1st to Miller and goes for Kessel themselves? We can worry about moving cap later trading Miller for a 2nd + forward we don't need isn't a good deal.

Reactions: More 2004

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Because you’re trying to eliminate Space and now you just added 1.8 million

But we also just made the team a lot better. We can then move Gourde since we got a better top 6 winger in Kessel. We can still move Callahan and hopefully a Palat or Johnson. If we are dealing with Pitt then Palat or Johnson might actually waive to go there and we could move one of them + for Kessel then Miller in another deal. We don't have to make every deal just a straight cap dump to shed salary. We can use our assets to improve the deal and also try to shed cap.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Not interested in Miller's contract, especially since we're moving out Kessel's great one to do it.

Reactions: Giskard

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Can't see Tampa doing this. That said, I think if you switch it to Rust, it's closer.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Not interested in Miller's contract, especially since we're moving out Kessel's great one to do it.

Miller has a pretty good contract. He is easily a 60 point forward if he doesn’t have to play most of the season in the bottom six.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
I'd love to see Kessel on Tampa, I don't see why Pittsburgh does this but I'm down for big players being moved around.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
the Pens are giving up the best player in the deal for JT Miller and Miles Wood? i would rather they try working out a trade with one team instead of two.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I feel like Kessel holds more value than that. I admit it don’t know much about Wood but my initial thought is not enough coming to Pitt.

I would love Miller on Pitt, and I am of the belief we should trade Kessel... just not this deal.

Reactions: domaug

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
Streamline this:

Phil Kessel
-Devils get a legitimate goal scorer.

2019 NJ 2nd Round (34th OA)
Lower of BOS or NSH 2019 2nd Round
John Quenneville

-Pens get 2 quality picks, B Center Prospect, and shed roughly $6million in cap space.

Last edited:

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Streamline this:

Phil Kessel
-Devils get a legitimate goal scorer.

2019 NJ 2nd Round (34th OA)
Lower of BOS or NSH 2019 2nd Round
John Quenneville

-Pens get 2 quality picks, B Center Prospect, and shed roughly $6million in cap space.

That's not going to cut it. Quenneville has no value, and the 2nd round picks are marginal assets at best when you consider what Pittsburgh is giving up here.

I don't think there's a Kessel deal to be had with NJ and PIT as the only two parties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->