Confirmed Trade: [PIT/MIN] Nick Bjugstad (50% retained) for cond. 2021 7th round pick

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This trade gives JR flexibility to get the best possible deal in a Murray trade. To expect MN to take all of Bjugstad's cap, and salary(which is more than his AAV) is unreasonable. I mean, it's possible that Guerin offered to PIT Pateryn and his 2.25M salary, but I am guessing that JR wasn't crazy about taking back a player who missed the playoffs and most of last season because of a core injury similar to what Bjugstad had.

We know Bjugstad from his days with the Gophers, but as is, he sounds like a really tall Victor Rask who gets injured a lot.

Last edited:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Essentially 2 first round picks were traded for McCann.

Pittsburgh traded Brassard (who was a disaster in Pittsburgh), Sheahan (who I liked, but was purely a 4c in most of his time here) a 2nd and a 4th for McCann and Bjugstad. That's not "Essentially 2 first round picks were traded for McCann." Even if you look at what it cost Pittsburgh to get Brassard at 50% for 1.5 seasons, that still doesn't add up to "essentially 2 firsts".

Reactions: 57special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad