Confirmed Trade: [PIT/MIN] Nick Bjugstad (50% retained) for cond. 2021 7th round pick

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If this is true, then that's awesome even if it's for nothing more than a conditional 5th or 6th round pick. Clearing his cap hit off the books is huge since he didn't have a spot in Pittsburgh any longer.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If the Penguins are retaining money, I don't see why they're only getting a conditional 7th back for him. He's not an attractive asset at all, but his buyout is so tame that I don't know why the Penguins would be retaining any money.

If it's a conditional 7th without the Penguins retaining, that's fine. Standard cap dump, luckily the Penguins didn't have to add to get rid of him. If they retained, I'm a little irritated.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If the Penguins are retaining money, I don't see why they're only getting a conditional 7th back for him. He's not an attractive asset at all, but his buyout is so tame that I don't know why the Penguins would be retaining any money.
If we’re paying for the player at all, even a 7th, it makes it quite obvious this isn’t a buyout

Reactions: BSHH and Morrison

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

Might be small like 500k which is less than the buyout. You also get a 7th maybe. So paying 500k for a pick pretty much

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Have to believe that there is some substantial retention here yet to be reported...

Reactions: Morrison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad