GDT: PIT @ MIN - 7 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
MAF in net tonight? Assuming so because of the opponent, but maybe not considering he played on Tuesday.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
All I know is...

Let's do that hockey!

-- If yall haven't seen the SNL skits with Lazlo Holmes, I highly recommend.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Tell me again why he is signed to a 2-yr NMC extension? What kind of canversation are Guerin and Evason having?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Goligoski thing is so strange. Sign an old guy to 2 year extension and then scratch him for a 3rd straight game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Goligoski has to be have a nick or two. Signing , and scratching him makes no sense otherwise.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Russo also said they wouldn't re-sign Goli, so his credibility is pretty shot for me. He really has been flailing since Fletcher left town.
Fair, though at this point you'd think he'd be able to pick up on whether a player's injured or not. It could be something subtle enough that it isn't apparent and, at this point in the season, not worth risking aggravating when they've got plenty of other defensemen to play.

Still, it's weird.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fair, though at this point you'd think he'd be able to pick up on whether a player's injured or not. It could be something subtle enough that it isn't apparent and, at this point in the season, not worth risking aggravating when they've got plenty of other defensemen to play.

Still, it's weird.
I like some of the things Guerin has done, am ambivalent about others, but am downright mystified about others. At this point, I just consider Goligoski to be Guerin's snitch in the dressing room...that's the only way the signing makes sense to me.

Last edited:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I like some of the things Guerin has done, am ambivalnet about others, but am downright mystified about others. At this point, I just consider Goligoski to be Guerin's snitch in the dressing room...that's the only way the signing makes sense to me.
What's there to snitch about though? lol

"Dumba has been drinking too much coffee. Needs to kick the habit"

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
remember, Guerin has preached culture a ton since taking over, and made some moves for character guys that seemed bad on paper or underwhelming but seemed to be working out. Every GM to an extent has "their guys" they trust and want around, but yeah the timing/term and scratches are a bit perplexing. But with all the stuff that's gonna be moved around in the offseason, I'm sure he has his reasons and several paths on what he wants to do. Could also be a show of respect/reward for loyalty and professionalism and what he brings to the locker room and what he wants the young guys to aspire to. Whatever the reasoning, I'm not gonna worry about a 6th/7th dman at this point

Reactions: carouselofgoalies

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
remember, Guerin has preached culture a ton since taking over, and made some moves for character guys that seemed bad on paper or underwhelming but seemed to be working out. Every GM to an extent has "their guys" they trust and want around, but yeah the timing/term and scratches are a bit perplexing. But with all the stuff that's gonna be moved around in the offseason, I'm sure he has his reasons and several paths on what he wants to do. Could also be a show of respect/reward for loyalty and professionalism and what he brings to the locker room and what he wants the young guys to aspire to. Whatever the reasoning, I'm not gonna worry about a 6th/7th dman at this point
As much as I think Guerin made the right move culturally, the Suter buyout is still such a bad financial move. Would be $0.7M-$1.7M less to play Suter rather than Goli over the life of his extension. I knew it’d matter at the time & it’s become very apparent how every dollar matters. It still doesn’t seem to be as critical to BG though. There absolutely was a way to get one more year of Dumba & Fiala, but maybe BG wants the assets from a trade of one of them.

With Dumba buying a house here, I feel like they already have an extension agreed upon. Hope I’m wrong though.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
As much as I think Guerin made the right move culturally, the Suter buyout is still such a bad financial move. Would be $0.7M-$1.7M less to play Suter rather than Goli over the life of his extension. I knew it’d matter at the time & it’s become very apparent how every dollar matters. It still doesn’t seem to be as critical to BG though. There absolutely was a way to get one more year of Dumba & Fiala, but maybe BG wants the assets from a trade of one of them.

With Dumba buying a house here, I feel like they already have an extension agreed upon. Hope I’m wrong though.
Dumba bought a house?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Goligoski thing is so strange. Sign an old guy to 2 year extension and then scratch him for a 3rd straight game.

Just resting him, Wild have 17 games to play in 30 days.

The Wild are also on a 7 game winning streak, you know...don't fix if it aint broken. No player deserves to come out of the lineup right now.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis

Still, it's weird.
They seem to like all their guys, so resting the oldest one during a long home stand when we don't really need points in the standings might be prudent if they want him to play big minutes in the playoffs.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad