Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Jared McCann signs extension (2 years, $2.94M AAV)

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I was just going to ask the same question as Canuck86. Is this one of these sign and trades that people on here say never happens? Or does this mean that JR is now trying to trade Rust or Horny for a more suitable 3C or does this mean that they are going to run a more offensive 3rd line at the expense of playing the 1st and 2nd lines more defensively? This signing actually brings more questions than answers.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
reasonable cap hit, will they now go on to trade him?

He had a great wrist shot in Vancouver before the current GM ditched him for a slow, useless D

His shot is wicked, he will score 20 per 82 games, for sure.

But the thing with him at Centre is that he is extremely tunnel visioned, his shot some games miss the net by a mile.

The worst part of McCann is that he will kill any offense for his line when he gets in a shooting mood, he doesn't let plays develop in the Ozone, as soon as he gets the puck, he shoots. from low percentage areas, missing the net. Its mind numbing.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

Wow...just as I predicted months ago.. McCann signed for under 3 mil per season. There was a certain poster who argued this pojnt to no avail...lol...decent signing. He will form the new look third line with tanev and ????

Reactions: ownal

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Wow...just as I predicted months ago.. McCann signed for under 3 mil per season. There was a certain poster who argued this pojnt to no avail...lol...decent signing. He will form the new look third line with tanev and ????
It wasn't me, but I also would have expected $3 with term or more on a one or two yr deal.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
It wasn't me, but I also would have expected $3 with term or more on a one or two yr deal.
I knew he was going under 3 per...and he played himself out of anything more than a 2 year deal...good deal .. he will play on the third line with tanev and whoever murray brings in

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I predicted 2.5m x 2y for him.
Seems a little rich for a guy in his mid-20s that you still don't know whether he's a winger or center. Between that, his inconsistency, lack of defense, but great shot...almost reminds me of a lower pedigree Alex Galchenyuk. If he is the Pens' 3C, then they must plan on sacrificing offense from Crosby and especially Blueger by assigning them the defensive minutes. Which is stupid.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
So what are the Pens looking at right now?

Guentzel - Malkin - Rust
Zucker - Crosby - Kapanen
xxxx - McCann - xxxx
xxxx - Blueger - Tanev

with Hornqvist on the block and Aston-Reese/Lafferty/Simon as plugs?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
JR: I want to clear cap space to be active in free agency
Also JR: re-signs McCann (the most likely guy to trade for cap space), Riikola (who's paid a lot to be a #7D) and Ruhwedel a year before his current deal expires

I'd really like to see how JR plans on clearing out salary to be active in free agency if he also plans on re-signing all of his players.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
So what are the Pens looking at right now?

Guentzel - Malkin - Rust
Zucker - Crosby - Kapanen
xxxx - McCann - xxxx
xxxx - Blueger - Tanev

with Hornqvist on the block and Aston-Reese/Lafferty/Simon as plugs?

McCann may play LW.
Blueger may play 3C.
Murray and/or Hornqvist may be dealt for roster forwards.
Poulin and/or Legare may make the team.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
McCann may play LW.
Blueger may play 3C.
Murray and/or Hornqvist may be dealt for roster forwards.
Poulin and/or Legare may make the team.
If teddy plays 3C they have bigger issues.. McCann slot in on that line with tanev and probably someone murray brings in. Teddy stays 4C. ZaR probably gone. Hornqvist gone .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->