Confirmed Trade: [PIT/FLA] Kevin Roy for Ryan Haggerty

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Is Roy not considered an AHL veteran? Because that would be one way that this move made sense, because if Roy is a veteran by the AHL's designation, I don't really see a point of this trade.

Edit: Roy is still considered a "developmental player" because he only has 131 professional games played, the trade makes sense then. Haggerty is an AHL veteran while Roy is not.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Why do GM'S make these types of trades? they are pointless they achieve NOTHING

Part of being a GM is dealing with your minor league roster, not sure why some people get so upset about it. In particular, Roy was making 300K in the minors whereas Haggerty is due 100K. The prorated difference between the two might not seem like a lot, but the Panthers have been losing a decent chunk of money each year. As much as we like to think owners are bottomless cash dispensers, I'm sure there's some pressure to save money when possible in certain markets.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Part of being a GM is dealing with your minor league roster, not sure why some people get so upset about it. In particular, Roy was making 300K in the minors whereas Haggerty is due 100K. The prorated difference between the two might not seem like a lot, but the Panthers have been losing a decent chunk of money each year. As much as we like to think owners are bottomless cash dispensers, I'm sure there's some pressure to save money when possible in certain markets.

and Roy counting as a developmental player makes it a good trade for both sides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->