Confirmed Trade: [PIT/FLA] Colton Sceviour and Mike Matheson for Patric Hornqvist

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Really just comes down to a gamble of whether Matheson actually bounces back a little bit as a decent Top-4D or not. I kinda like the gamble, but i don't think i'd have had the cajones to actually stake my job on it like that.

Obviously Pittsburgh have to eject Jack Johnson, who is an older version of that player somehow. And have to hope that Sceviour can be a more overall useful RH shot presence in their lineup. But Hornqvist is one of those players with a lot of hard miles on him, and clearly on a downward trajectory with term remaining. Based on the way he plays, it's hard to see him not still at least being a net front asset to collect some garbage goals on the PP and stuff, for a least a while still. But outside of that, he's just going to become more of a passenger. Will be interesting to see how productive he is this year, without Croz/Geno.

That Matheson contract is just such an enormous thing though. If he bounces back as a serviceable #4D, it's actually very easy to stomach. But if he doesn't...ooof. And it just extends right on into eternity, more or less.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Kingerski is a bullshit source. He was probably just airing out his equipment.

But if that is true, not a good look for Hornqvist. Dude had the power to kill any trade, but he doesn't and then throws a tantrum about being traded? Just kill the trade if you want to stay so bad.

Someones still a little sore and it’s not Horny

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Or it's safe to say he didn't want his million dollar home smelling like sweaty Swedish Meatballs.

Kingerski is the worst. The. Worst.
Who airs out their equipment in the drive way?
I don't know the layout of his house, but I'm going to assume that the Hornqvists have a back yard. Or are all the drive ways of NHL players littered with gear after every practice.

I don't care who posted this or snapped this picture, but it hardly strikes me as 'just airing out equipment.'

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Who airs out their equipment in the drive way?

Uh, me and a ton of other people I know.

I don't know the layout of his house, but I'm going to assume that the Hornqvists have a back yard. Or are all the drive ways of NHL players littered with gear after every practice.

I don't care who posted this or snapped this picture, but it hardly strikes me as 'just airing out equipment.'

It’s amazing he angrily tossed his gear in the driveway and his shoes landed perfectly next to each other, and the rest of his gear is laid out individually to by some miracle of physics.

It’s almost like he carefully laid everything to air out... but that would be crazy talk.

Maybe he was just mad at his shoes to? They must have been a Christmas gift from JR.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Uh, me and a ton of other people I know.

It’s amazing he angrily tossed his gear in the driveway and his shoes landed perfectly next to each other, and the rest of his gear is laid out individually to by some miracle of physics.

It’s almost like he carefully laid everything to air out... but that would be crazy talk.

Maybe he was just mad at his shoes to? They must have been a Christmas gift from JR.
Who the he'll is saying he tossed anything? There is no mention of anything being tossed.
But ok sure, he regularly airs out his hockey equipment in the front yard - right next to the clothes line where their laundry is hanging and the hosed down bath mats that are just out of frame.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Who the he'll is saying he tossed anything? There is no mention of anything being tossed.
But ok sure, he regularly airs out his hockey equipment in the front yard - right next to the clothes line where their laundry is hanging and the hosed down bath mats that are just out of frame.

He must be really pissed at his shoes, leaving them behind to send a message to the Pens of his great anger.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
How often does he air his equipment out in the driveway? The fact the picture was taken/posted says it's not in his driveway often [ever?] - and would certainly make most sense to air your stuff out...you know...in the BACK yard.

I'm sure he's pissed. I'm sure a good portion of the locker room is pissed. The trade is a dud and the fact it was so rushed (that it felt like a priority) is absolutely disrespectful to Horny and says the team didn't want him. When the covid cup isn't even over and you're being traded with haste for 2 plugs, pretty clearly sends a message that you're no longer wanted. Hell at least they ran a bunch of gambling stories and deliberated on Kessel for quite a while. This was completely left field (even more so when you consider the needs/wants of the team).

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
How often does he air his equipment out in the driveway? The fact the picture was taken/posted says it's not in his driveway often [ever?] - and would certainly make most sense to air your stuff out...you know...in the BACK yard.

I'm sure he's pissed. I'm sure a good portion of the locker room is pissed. The trade is a dud and the fact it was so rushed (that it felt like a priority) is absolutely disrespectful to Horny and says the team didn't want him. When the covid cup isn't even over and you're being traded with haste for 2 plugs, pretty clearly sends a message that you're no longer wanted. Hell at least they ran a bunch of gambling stories and deliberated on Kessel for quite a while. This was completely left field (even more so when you consider the needs/wants of the team).

i think the most likely place to air out equipment is the outside area closest to where your store it or the closest place to your car.

Driveway seems as good of a spot as any.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish

Now I understand how guys like Kingerski con people into paying for their garbage “journalism”

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

That’s true, the Pens didn’t give themselves enough time to begin the smear campaign of Horny.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Now I understand how guys like Kingerski con people into paying for their garbage “journalism”
Hey, I didn't pay for it click on it or view it anyplace other than right here, I've never even heard of the guy.
I'm also not twisting logic in knots to avoid the possible perception that a former player might be pissed at my favorite team.

But whatever man, means little to me either way. Have it as you like it, he's airing out his equipment and anyone who might think it could possibly be anything else is a moron who supports crack-pot journalism.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Hey, I didn't pay for it click on it or view it anyplace other than right here, I've never even heard of the guy.
I'm also not twisting logic in knots to avoid the possible perception that a former player might be pissed at my favorite team.

But whatever man, means little to me either way. Have it as you like it, he's airing out his equipment and anyone who might think it could possibly be anything else is a moron who supports crack-pot journalism.

Why is he mad at his shoes?

Clearly they made him angry to.

Maybe that will be the next big expose.

I bet it will be really scandalous.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I miss my Swedish death god, Mathesson is inflamed poopy logs, Sceviour might be bland as hell, but the dude scored 2 big goals in back to back games that lead to wins.

poopy logs? I mean he sucks, but...mmmk
love Sceviour, he seems to always show up.

and I love having Hornqvist. Someone suggested him for Connolly and I jumped in that, can’t believe we moved Math for him.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I cannot believe how good Horny has been, I am still in shock Zito pulled this off

Why? Plenty of Penguins fans said Hornqvist was an effective player. Our issue was we essentially forced him into a 3rd line role and secondary PP role with the acquisition of Zucker and Kapanen.

Also, our core is 33+. We needed to surround Crosby and Malkin with younger talent. Florida’s core up front is in a total different circumstance and needed character up front. Add in the injury history with Hornqvist missing huge stretches of time too. Funny enough Matheson is immediately missing weeks after two games in a PIT Jersey.

We desperately needed offensive talent from the blue line. And Matheson was a questionable contract, but nobody can deny he can skate and shoot the puck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackpot Jaret

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->