Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Evan Rodrigues re-signs with the Penguins (1 year, $1M)

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Zahorna looked so good in the brief time I saw him.
Why are they blocking him with all of these filler players?
Is Zahorna one of those players who has found himself frozen out of Sullivan's unchangeable line combos?

Reactions: Trade

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Feels like this thread could've been rolled in with the Dom Simon one, because the reactions would've been pretty similar. :laugh:

The guy is a surprisingly good depth scorer, and at that price I'll take him every day.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I thought GMs go dumpster diving later in free agency. Not on day 1?

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Zahorna looked so good in the brief time I saw him.
Why are they blocking him with all of these filler players?
Is Zahorna one of those players who has found himself frozen out of Sullivan's unchangeable line combos?

Why give an as-yet unproven player with upside potential any real chance, when you can sign a proven loser to play instead. Has Rip Van Hextall resigned Mark Jankowski yet?

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Good news: Penguins sign top six forward for $1.0 million.

Bad news: Penguins are the only team that would play him in their top 12, let alone six.

My Best-Carey

mrjiggyfly

Jun 1, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Neutral Observer. I just can't believe the game he just had. Superstar level. Too bad he got absolutely robbed in the third by Allen. I just can't believe the Evan Rodrigues was capable of that kind of play

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Neutral Observer. I just can't believe the game he just had. Superstar level. Too bad he got absolutely robbed in the third by Allen. I just can't believe the Evan Rodrigues was capable of that kind of play

I agree. 12 shots on goal and they were quality scoring chances.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Would be funny if he became Dupuis version 2.0 here with those productive seasons.

Rodrigues has reminded me of Dupuis since he came to Pittsburgh - hell, he wears the same number, and even kind of looks like Dupuis.

That is to say, I think he's a useful if unspectacular "utility player" with enough skill to contribute in multiple spots throughout the lineup. I never really got the distaste for him that some fans seem to have.

Reactions: LRS87 and Trade

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
We've seen some truly remarkable breakouts this year (Terry, Kylington, etc) but I don't think there is a more startling analytics visual than E-Rod. This is literally the chart of a top 5 superstar that suggests his 15 points in 21 games isn't even a good representation of how much play he is driving. And it's not like there is a matching chart for Crosby or Malkin on this team...the analytics suggest E-Rod IS the Crosby or Malkin of the current Pens. Which is both sad and incredible at the same time.

Just how good has he been this year? It looks he "broke" the RAPM model. (And this was true well before his 12 SOG game last time out).

aOxGkyA.png

Last edited:

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
We've seen some truly remarkable breakouts this year (Terry, Kylington, etc) but I don't think there is a more startling analytics visual than E-Rod. This is literally the chart of a top 5 superstar that suggests his 15 points in 21 games isn't even a good representation of how much play he is driving. And it's not like there is a matching chart for Crosby or Malkin on this team...the analytics suggest E-Rod IS the Crosby or Malkin of the current Pens. Which is both sad and incredible at the same time.

Just how good has he been this year? It looks he "broke" the RAPM model. (And this was true well before his 12 SOG game last time out).

aOxGkyA.png

Yah, he's certainly been better than 15 points in 21 games, his poor finishing costs him some points.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
You love to see it, rode Eichel's coattails at BU all the way to the NHL and now gets to ride shotgun with Crosby. Good for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad