Proposal: PIT - DAL (Kessel)

Andy P

Dec 21, 2018
This proposal is completely ridiculous, I don’t believe either team would do this. If the pens were gana trade kessel it would be in the offseason to a team like Anaheim or Arizona etc to get back an even player maybe even more. Radulov not sure why Dallas trades him but hey maybe back to Nashville whatever but this is a def NO

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Yup. The only Kessel trade scenario I really like is you move him for a late lottery pick with a FA deal for a similar caliber player in Stone or Panarin in place.

I really think people underrate how important he is.

Yeah exactly I feel like this makes the Pens worse.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Kessel runs the Pens PP no? I don't think Radulov can really replace Kessel and this trade makes the Pens worse.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
I feel like Radulov is the better 200-foot player and Kessel the better pure scorer. As a change of scenery thing, I can see it.

Whether deserved or not, Kessel has faced character questions since college. In a Dallas room questioning the leadership and work ethic of its big guns is Kessel the guy Nill wants or another distraction? By most accounts Radulov gives an effort every shift.

And as another said, Dallas needs secondary scoring, not to replace one of the pieces that does contribute.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Everyone saying Kessel is better based on his point totals :laugh:how do you think Radulov would do on a team and PP with Crosby and Malkin? He'e got 46 points in 49 games on an absolute trash offensive team. Kessel wouldn't be even near the offensive threat he is if he was in Dallas

Andy P

Dec 21, 2018
Everyone saying Kessel is better based on his point totals :laugh:how do you think Radulov would do on a team and PP with Crosby and Malkin? He'e got 46 points in 49 games on an absolute trash offensive team. Kessel wouldn't be even near the offensive threat he is if he was in Dallas
To me it’s oretty stupid to have 4 left shot and 1 right shot on a PP kessel atleast provides the (ovechkin slot) big hell no from the pens side

catnip

Jan 5, 2015
I have no opinion on the proposed trade but it's a little bit funny how the version of Kessel that shows up on the trade board seems like a significantly better player than the one you run into in the Penguins' post-game threads.

catnip

Jan 5, 2015
I have no opinion on the proposed trade but it's a little bit funny how the version of Kessel that shows up on the trade board seems like a significantly better player than the one you run into in the Penguins' post-game threads.

catnip

Jan 5, 2015

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
:stars
Phil Kessel - NMC
(RW | 31 y/o 6.8M through 2022)
2018-2019: 21G 41A| 62pts

:pens
Alexander Radulov - NMC
(RW | 32 y/o 6.25M through 2022)
2012-2019: 15G 31A| 46pts

Both clubs have expressed interest in what each player represents. Dallas has expressed interest in finding a goal scorer(s) and Pittsburgh [management] has expressed interest all year about getting a power forward.

Seems more of a summer theoretical but wonder how conflicted the consensus would be. From the Pens perspective: Radulov has chemistry with Geno and would slot nicely on any of the first three lines. Would also be less of a defensive liability than the Kessel/Geno pairing.
This is a beyond horrible trade proposal. No, no, NO!

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Not saying I think Kessel is better but in his defense he's been very consistent in his career scorong wise.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Pretty even consensus so far.

I'd lean towards the Pens getting the better upgrade as their overall team identity would see improvement whereas Dallas would only be getting a bump in production offensively.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida

He's shown up in the trade board mainly for two reasons:

Shakeup
Upgrade on D

Not sure anyone argues what Kessel brings to an offense. Pens fans are getting disgruntled because he's not contributing right now. Happens to all offensive players when they slump. Granted, fans usually hype their own players in a way to combat the downplaying and discredit other fans usually contribute towards them. Can't deny the man's overall consistency / goal scoring / wrist shot / speed. You could argue whether or not he can carry his own line or how he contributes to the locker room, but the previous items are indisputable.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
I'm Not going to get into the whole who's more valuable as a player Phil Kessel or Radulov. Phil Kessel was traded for a 1 round draft pick that ended up to be Tyler Seguin, so it would be hilarious if Kessel and Seguin ended up playing together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->