Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Cody Ceci signs with the Penguins (1 year, $1.25M)

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Ceci actually seemed not terrible to me last year, fellow Leaf fans were just absolutely f***ing obsessed with the guy, he wasn't good but he was hardly the worst bottom pairing defender you've ever seen....which you'd think reading our boards.

Like Flyers fans with Hagg. Sure, Hagg isn't great, but he's good enough with limited ice time.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Why is it even remotely surprising they got similar contracts?
Because Ceci has ability but was used poorly by the leafs and played top 4 minutes. I can look at him and hope as a bottom pairing d-man. Johnson is a stone cold stiff and should be out of the league. It should have been really hard for rangers to downgrade from Staal but they sure pulled it off. Please Rangers pair Tony D and Johnson together for the comedy.

Reactions: mattihp

landeskog11

Jan 14, 2012
This is the contract the leafs should have given him last year, good deal for the pens.

I think cause the leafs traded for him and he was arbitration eligible they had to sign him for the same money he was making or let him become ufa. last year

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think cause the leafs traded for him and he was arbitration eligible they had to sign him for the same money he was making or let him become ufa. last year

Floors me that they didn't just let him go. That $4.5mil could have gone elsewhere.

That said, my team just signed him so...I'd like to believe its because GMs see something in him that fans don't.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Floors me that they didn't just let him go. That $4.5mil could have gone elsewhere.

That said, my team just signed him so...I'd like to believe its because GMs see something in him that fans don't.
RHD are hard to come by. Honestly, I think the better play is to take a guy with good speed and play him on his offside. Kind of like Brodie. I hope the Flames do this with Kylington rather than play a guy like Petrovic just because he's a right shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad