Claimed off Waivers: PIT claims Dea

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Good depth center option, hopefully it pushes JR to look to dump Sheahan on someone who will take him. They now have Cullen, Grant, Sheahan, Dea and Blueger who would all be competent or better in a 4C role.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
What is the point of this? It's one more obstacle between giving Blueger a shot at the NHL level.
Will likely be sent to wbs i'd say, unless someone else put a claim in as well, so it shouldnt affect TBs chanses all that much, besides ,whats the rush with Teddy? Its not like another full year in the A will hurt him all that much..

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
He showed brief flashes of ability to be a good depth center option here. I did not see enough of him in Jersey to comment. But we have been struggling damn near the entire first 1/4 of the season to have depth scoring. Cant hurt to have another option to try.

Reactions: BHD

Shoofyou10

Apr 30, 2009
The Burgh
There is no downside to this for the Pens. They never wanted to lose him on waivers in the first place and he's back to helping WBS and he's center depth for Pittsburgh.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Wouldn't it be cheaper to negotiate a trade and get Dea back for futures or something?

The Devils paid the same waiver claim cost to the Penguins in claiming Dea back in September, so that financial cost washed out. The Devils were probably fine with him possibly playing in the AHL and being an injury callup down the road rather than getting a conditional pick which might turn out to be nothing.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
The Devils paid the same waiver claim cost to the Penguins in claiming Dea back in September, so that financial cost washed out. The Devils were probably fine with him possibly playing in the AHL and being an injury callup down the road rather than getting a conditional pick which might turn out to be nothing.
Right - forgot about the waiver fee at the front end of this.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
He was a mole, Pens planted in Devils system to find out, how the hell they beat them all the damn time.

"Guys, guys, I have the secret to beating Cory Schneider.. just shoot the puck. Literally anywhere. Just shoot it on net and it'll probably go in."

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Because why would you ever pass up on free depth you can stash in the AHL? It also lets them be more able to dump Sheahan on someone else.

I didn't realize they could send him to the AHL. I thought picking him up meant keeping him on the NHL club, or having to then pass him through waivers again to send him down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->