Pirri

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
He should have been in the lineup against Tampa. I don't know what Gallant is waiting for exactly. If he wants the vets to prove themselves then we better see some changes next game if those guys (Flash, Kopecky, maybe Bergenheim) can't carry their own weight by now.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Lot's of disgruntled Panthers fans are taking to twitter to express their opinions about Pirri being scratched.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I'd just like to say that I appreciate Brandon Pirri's selfishness in the offensive and his shoot-first mentality. Only guy on the team with that mindset. I will attend games as long as he's in the lineup being selfish. Yes, it has come to that. Being excited over a scratch/non-scratch player who's all offense and selfish. That's how deprived Panthers fans are of seeing offensive hockey. Year in and year out, it's always a boring, defensive team that loses the majority of the games. But, every now and then, there's a guy on the roster who's just all offense. Whether the player sucks or he doesn't suck; I'm saying is that I appreciate it.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
I'd just like to say that I appreciate Brandon Pirri's selfishness in the offensive and his shoot-first mentality. Only guy on the team with that mindset. I will attend games as long as he's in the lineup being selfish. Yes, it has come to that. Being excited over a scratch/non-scratch player who's all offense and selfish. That's how deprived Panthers fans are of seeing offensive hockey. Year in and year out, it's always a boring, defensive team that loses the majority of the games. But, every now and then, there's a guy on the roster who's just all offense. Whether the player sucks or he doesn't suck; I'm saying is that I appreciate it.

Pavel Bure :D

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Hi guys,

Just wondering how Pirri's looking out there? Looks like his offense has gone quiet as of late.

Is he looking like a guy that can be a 45-50 point player? Or is he looking suspect at keeping a job in this league?

Cheers

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Hi guys,

Just wondering how Pirri's looking out there? Looks like his offense has gone quiet as of late.

Is he looking like a guy that can be a 45-50 point player? Or is he looking suspect at keeping a job in this league?

Cheers

He's definitely a dynamic player. A wicked shot as well as good speed. Deserves to be here as much as the rest of our young guys.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
The weirdest thing is that Pirri has shown that he can pretty much play with any line; played with Bjugstad & Huberdeau a couple of games ago and looked fine, played with MacKenzie & Kopecky in the game against CBJ and brought energy to that line and that line (4th) had a lot more chances than usually, played with Trocheck and Hayes in last night's game and looked fine. Yet, Gallant hasn't tried him with Barkov who's supposed to be the team's biggest playmaker.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
perhaps gallant is waiting til bolland comes back to slot him with barkov cuz he feels he's not that great defensively and can't play against the top lines of our opponents (which is barkov's role on the team with bolland out but will probably still be with bolland in).

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The weirdest thing is that Pirri has shown that he can pretty much play with any line; played with Bjugstad & Huberdeau a couple of games ago and looked fine, played with MacKenzie & Kopecky in the game against CBJ and brought energy to that line and that line (4th) had a lot more chances than usually, played with Trocheck and Hayes in last night's game and looked fine. Yet, Gallant hasn't tried him with Barkov who's supposed to be the team's biggest playmaker.

I think Trocheck has made a bigger impact this season but Pirri looks to be fine after that concussion. You're bang on with him being able to play with literally everyone.

Off the top of your head, has Gallant tried a Pirri - Trocheck - Bjugstad PP line yet? If not, let's get on that.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Hey Panther fans,

So what happened? Lots of positive comments to begin the season and the guy puts up 1 assist in the next 15 games. Was he healthy scratched last game?

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Hey Panther fans,

So what happened? Lots of positive comments to begin the season and the guy puts up 1 assist in the next 15 games. Was he healthy scratched last game?

Ask Keith Yandle. He took the kid's head off. Today, he's a completely different player.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I think it'll be lucky to have him back to the old Pirri till February.

His decisiveness on the ice is Flash level right now. I wouldn't mind seeing him scratched for a while to recover.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Last couple of games he's been in he had some pretty good chances to score. Im not worried about him yet. Some time in the press box is probably best for his recovery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad