Recalled/Assigned: Pirri recalled 4/2 (Reassigned 4/6)

Golden Knights General Manager George McPhee calls up forward Brandon Pirri from the Chicago Wolves ahead their 3-game Western Canada road swing.

10353719_web1_pirriweb.jpg

Golden Knights Call Up “29 Goal Man” Brandon Pirri From Chicago

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I want Hyka too.

Can't have #58 so....

So seems like we have 3 callups left assuming the earlier ones fit the emergency definition. Be interesting to see who is the third goalie as some franchises leave good options down to try their best within reason to win minor league playoffs. Guess they could hold off and keep the goalie spot as an emergency call up. Doesn't seem like a D is needed, at forward Matteau is not needed with Reaves and Carrier, Hyka could be useful but won't play without injuries so what else will they do?

Pirri seems like a nice gesture for his good season to give him the benefit of a look for other teams and the money bonus, but hard to imagine they don't already have a view of his game at the NHL level.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I want Hyka too.

I think this is just to give guys like Bellemare a rest and more of a gesture for how good Pirri has been in the AHL. On the wings we've got Carrier and Lindberg back and they need to get into proper game shape.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Everybody's been called up, except Pulkcannon :( .... oh well, there goes his NHL career,
the last hammer strike on nail for his coffin. Good for Pirri nevertheless,
but why wouldn't your GMGM call up Pulkkinen :(

Hopefully Pirri gets to play, always liked Pirri's game.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I thought Hyka was 38...

You're right, I was thinking he was 58.

Pirri is 26 with over 200 games of NHL experience. I can't see how his game would have changed for the NHL. In any case he got paid like an NHLer and is a UFA so if he plays its probably just for his benefit to see if he can interest another team in a one-way contract next year.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
You're right, I was thinking he was 58.

Pirri is 26 with over 200 games of NHL experience. I can't see how his game would have changed for the NHL. In any case he got paid like an NHLer and is a UFA so if he plays its probably just for his benefit to see if he can interest another team in a one-way contract next year.
I think there might be some interest.....

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->