Confirmed with Link: Pirri and Nosek re-signed

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Reaves won't be 13th forward. Either he's in the lineup or he is moved out. Also idk why people are so high on Roy.

If they bring in Gusev and Glass/move out Eakin, you can bet they'll want a defensively responsible C on the wing. Roy can be that guy if his strong play in the Calder finals was any indication. Either Reaves or Carrier come out of the lineup in that scenario IMO.

I don't know why you're not high on Roy. They didn't trade Haula for him just to keep him on the Wolves for 2 years.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Reaves won't be 13th forward. Either he's in the lineup or he is moved out. Also idk why people are so high on Roy.

I'm high on Roy because he's a big boy and knows how to use that size. Carrier/Roy/Reaves would be a painful checking line for opponents to face, a la the Hanson Brothers.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
If they bring in Gusev and Glass/move out Eakin, you can bet they'll want a defensively responsible C on the wing. Roy can be that guy if his strong play in the Calder finals was any indication. Either Reaves or Carrier come out of the lineup in that scenario IMO.

I don't know why you're not high on Roy. They didn't trade Haula for him just to keep him on the Wolves for 2 years.
Gusev and Glass put in and Eakin out @ the third line... And Roy could somehow help their defense while playing on the 4th line?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

They were willing to have our second line be defensively irresponsible before, I think they can deploy a Glass line a bit more sparingly or sometimes put Nosek on it but I think having a pure offensive line as your third line is something that can be good. Plus, Tuch and Glass are not terrible defensively.

I'm puzzled about Pirri, though. Does he not care about being sent to the AHL or making more money that he could?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
They were willing to have our second line be defensively irresponsible before, I think they can deploy a Glass line a bit more sparingly or sometimes put Nosek on it but I think having a pure offensive line as your third line is something that can be good. Plus, Tuch and Glass are not terrible defensively.

I'm puzzled about Pirri, though. Does he not care about being sent to the AHL or making more money that he could?

It's a win either way for Pirri. He and his wife are Chicagoans, so he plays at home in the AHL, or he plays in the NHL. Not sure he was going to get an insanely better offer based on two weeks of PPG play.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Roy is a cheap 4th liner who shows some modest scoring touch. Normally wouldn't be a lot of upside there, but since our 4th liners got paid well above the minimum other than Carrier then Roy becomes a bit of a value play. He might slot in for any of the 4th liners to give them a night off or fill in for injuries, but if Reaves is on the roster he definitely plays a lot more than he doesn't.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
We already have guys who are barely utilized on the PK in Stone, & Patches, and Stastny could handle more PK time, so eh?

So you just killed off a penalty and gained momentum but you can't throw out your top 2 lines because you used them on the PK and they're spent.

I'm not going to get into a debate about penalty killing and usage, but you know how Gallant likes to roll his lines and put out a swiss army knife guy like Carpenter. He'll likely want someone like that if Gusev is in the lineup and Eakin is not.

Maybe Carrier will get a bit better defensively, and certainly Tuch should. I'm just saying Roy seems like a useful RH kid who can play wing or take faceoffs, and I'm looking forward to him turning heads in preseason.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
If he is on a two way deal, he is a nice depth winger. Very nice.....
2 way deal doesn't matter. His cap hit is low enough that if he were sent to the AHL (after passing through waivers) his entire cap hit would be gone.

2 way contract has nothing to do with waiver eligibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad