Pipe Dream Forwards at this point

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
At this point (without a rebuild approach) the only way I see to reasonably make this forward group contenders would be:

Trade VT91 for Kuznetzov
Sign Saad for around 5 mill
Dump Clifford

Schenn - ROR - Perron
Buch - Kuz - Kostin
Saad - Thomas - Kyrou
Mac/Sanford - Sunny - Barby

sadly, as far fetched as it may be, seems like our only hope for this roster to contend.
Maybe the Russian trio will develop ridiculous chemistry, who knows...

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I personally love those lines.

I definitely feel like Armstrong is about to pull a Wild Card. Maybe it is taking a chance on a guy like Kuzy or Drouin, I have no idea.

Bluesish

Embrace Mediocracy
Nov 19, 2011
Rust Belt, USA
I was checking Capfriendly and there are some teams with good RFAs but already up against the cap. I doubt we see an offersheet but it would be amazing to poach a good young player because a team went balls to the wall during silly season.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
At this point (without a rebuild approach) the only way I see to reasonably make this forward group contenders would be:

Trade VT91 for Kuznetzov
Sign Saad for around 5 mill
Dump Clifford

Schenn - ROR - Perron
Buch - Kuz - Kostin
Saad - Thomas - Kyrou
Mac/Sanford - Sunny - Barby

sadly, as far fetched as it may be, seems like our only hope for this roster to contend.
Maybe the Russian trio will develop ridiculous chemistry, who knows...
I wonder if russians put all the North Americans on the same line with hopes of chemistry in the KHL lol....

JK, don't hate these lines at all, just don't see it being realistic.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I personally love those lines.

I definitely feel like Armstrong is about to pull a Wild Card. Maybe it is taking a chance on a guy like Kuzy or Drouin, I have no idea.
At this point, were fading into the obvilivion of good enough to compete and make playoffs, but not good enough to beat colorado/vegas etc...

I would be all for giving drouin a chance here, if not for the 1% chance that he does have a rejuvenation and lives up to what he was supposed to be in a smaller market with less pressure....and of course.....playing on aline with ROR-Perron or Thomas-Kyrou

Also we can probably get them to pay us a 3rd or something to take his contract off their hands....

And...not for nothing, were historically pretty darn good at drafting in the 3rd rd lmaooo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad