Value of: Pietrangelo to Edmonton

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
It’s not a bad offer, value-wise. Larsson is a MAJOR step back from Petro in almost every way, but Pulju and a 1st help to soften that blow. Puljujarvi could be a very good player on the Blues.

I do think there is a lot of potential around the Blues and Edmonton with Hitch at the helm now, he could use one of “his” players from STL to help set the tone and show how things are done. But I don’t think it’s Petro. If you want one of our wingers, especially Steen, that’s probably a more reasonable place to start.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
The price would be incredibly high, thus leading us to being compelled to try and re-sign him, something that would cost north of 8 million per and 8 years, which we would regret half way through.

If the Wild continue their free fall, I’d much rather pursue Spurgeon considering the cost. He’d be a perfect partner for Nurse.

I proposed Benning + Spooner + Pulju +1st (the first 2 for cap purposes), which Minny fans found acceptable.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
The price would be incredibly high, thus leading us to being compelled to try and re-sign him, something that would cost north of 8 million per and 8 years, which we would regret half way through.

If the Wild continue their free fall, I’d much rather pursue Spurgeon considering the cost. He’d be a perfect partner for Nurse.

I proposed Benning + Spooner + Pulju +1st (the first 2 for cap purposes), which Minny fans found acceptable.

In my honest opinion, I think the Oilers overpay.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Forget Petro . The cost to acquire him would be too high . We need to continue drafting and developing . Hitchcock is a good coach and should get the Oilers in to the playoffs . In a few years Bouchard will be ready for prime time and Sekera, Russell and Kassian will be gone . If Nurse can develop a bit more consistency and Bouchard can become the player he is hyped to be we will be fine . If it doesn’t happen we are going to lose McDavid .

Klefbom Bouchard Offensive pairing
Nurse Larsson Defensive pairing

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I’d love to add Pietrangelo. Stepping back to reality I don’t see how we’d afford to sign him when a ufa.

I’d pass on the OP. Rather keep our 1st and Larsson and trade Puljujarvi in a different deal

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Forget Petro . The cost to acquire him would be too high . We need to continue drafting and developing . Hitchcock is a good coach and should get the Oilers in to the playoffs . In a few years Bouchard will be ready for prime time and Sekera, Russell and Kassian will be gone . If Nurse can develop a bit more consistency and Bouchard can become the player he is hyped to be we will be fine . If it doesn’t happen we are going to lose McDavid .

Klefbom Bouchard Offensive pairing
Nurse Larsson Defensive pairing

You mean begin drafting and developing. Most teams keep picking players after the first round.

Reactions: north49er

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad