Pierre McQuire is absolutely furious "go with 6 dmen and go with it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBear*

I agree with him! Habsfield, get your act together, time to establish your 6th dman and go with it! Set your lines and let them gel, we dont have time to play ring a round da rosy anymore!

THIS GUY HAS NO CLUE WHAT HES DOING! :cry:

Hannan and Reghr together? Ummm...

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Mr Sakich said:
IMO, Canada is in tough because they have 3 real weaknesses

1) coaching
2) The GM
3) the defense
you forgot goaltending, as rare as it is to say that about canada. Theodore declining has really hurt the team.

mooseOAK*

They haven't even seen the best forwards in the tournament yet i.e. Czechs, Slovaks, and Russians.

Only having Boyle as one who played regularly this season has the be a factor.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
mooseOAK said:
They haven't even seen the best forwards in the tournament yet i.e. Czechs, Slovaks, and Russians.

Only having Boyle as one who played regularly this season has the be a factor.
At least they saw Sweden.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
As far as I know McGuire has abolutely no coaching experience, therefore he'd rather shut up because nobody gives a **** what he thinks.

Last edited by a moderator:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Ooops, ok ... but do you think that being the coach for Hartford 10 years ago is enough? If he was really a good coach, he'd be coaching some team, but he obviously sucked at it big time .

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Pierre coached the Hartford Whalers and was also an assistant in Ottawa and Pittsburg winning a Stanley cup in the process.

alexstream

Apr 30, 2003
forums.habsworld.net
God, I love this thread, you guys are all my friends!!! :yo: :clap:

I have no support whatsoever everywhere I go and claim that:
"-the coach is clueless
-some d are too slow or too cold (jovo hasn't played in a year and it's very noticeable), some other just do not belong there (Boyle, and I'm sorry to admit it, souray...)
-the goalies suck! They go with Brodeur cause they think Luongo can't do better than Brodeur... yet Brodeur sucked against US and against Sweden, I agree that Theo would have done a better job, he was the only elite G to be busy the whole year.
-The GM chose way too many checkers and some of them really don't play well together. Having Draper Doan Morrow is awesome, cause they are superstar checker... now why is there a need to add some crappy checkers (fisher, walker...) when Crafty snipers and Skilled players were left on the Shelves. Kariya is always ready for an invite, and Tanguay is just waiting his chance, as he has never been invited. other names? Murray, Ryder, Ribeiro, all way before Maltby, Walker, Fisher...
This is not NHL playoffs where you lack talent and need to play the trap and are better off playing with 4 checking lines... this is big ice international fast wide open offensive hockey. Don't get two checking line!!! particularly when the 2nd one suck!!!"

But here, here I have support!!! thank you for sharing my opinion, or for letting me share yours! :clap:

actually I'm quite relieved to see that I'm not the only one thinking that.

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
Epsilon said:
To criticize a bum like Mark Habscheid? Absolutely.
In the earlier games he was heaping praise on Habscheid though, he nearly had an orgasm when Habscheid managed to get Nash's line out against the US' fourth line, it was like it was the greatest line change in history or something. :joker: It goes both ways with him, he'll get hugely excited about stuff that's not that great (particularly if Dion Phaneuf or Sidney Crosby are involved :biglaugh: ) but also start flipping negatively out about stuff that's not a big deal too.

That said Canada's defense has obviously been poor, I'm not sure how much of that is due to coaching though and how much is just players like Jovanovski, Souray, etc. underperforming.

alexstream

Apr 30, 2003
forums.habsworld.net
umma gumma said:
Pierre coached the Hartford Whalers and was also an assistant in Ottawa and Pittsburg winning a Stanley cup in the process.

Jean Perron won a cup as Habs Head coach, yet he's clueless and have no credibility.
The fact that Pierre coached is good to know, but it doesn't affect at all his credibility. The guy has been around hockey forever, he is on the biggest hockey network (espn is multisport...) everyone use him as a source, he's among the most knowledgeable and most reliable hockey source in NA
has Red Fisher ever coached? do we care?

Pierre has every right to question Canada's head coach and gm, it's his job and moreover, they do suck!!!

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
wilka91 said:
Ooops, ok ... but do you think that being the coach for Hartford 10 years ago is enough? If he was really a good coach, he'd be coaching some team, but he obviously sucked at it big time .

Who have you coached?

I think it's amusing that you are COMMENTING on McGuire's ability to COMMENT by questioning his credentials (that you absolutely got all wrong, not surprisingly) when you're an absolute nobody ;)

Yes, Pierre McGuire was not an elite coach. Yes, if he was an elite coach, he'd probably be coaching. Consequently, we must accept the fact the elite of coaching is rarely available to comment on games (although it happens).

Maybe TSN should kidnap Jacques Lemaire from Minnesota (although you can bet your ass that would make for very boring broadcasts knowing Jacques)?

Pierre's credentials include extensive coaching as well as being an assistant to Scotty Bowman. That's pretty good in my book. Not that credentials are the be all, end all. McGuire should be judged on what he says.

Don't forget he's not hired simply on his coaching ability but on his ability to communicate on live TV (which seems to be highly debated among fans but that's for another debate, I suppose).

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Vlad The Impaler said:
Who have you coached?

Pierre's credentials include extensive coaching as well as being an assistant to Scotty Bowman. That's pretty good in my book. Not that credentials are the be all, end all. McGuire should be judged on what he says.

someone help me out here.

following the 1999 draft,some ranger fans were posting that they'd just drafted the next Bossy and Trottier (Brendl+Lundmark)

Someone said McGuire's the one who threw out that statement,that Brendl+Lundmark were the next Bossy and Trottier.Anyone watch that draft telecast and hear McGuire make those comments?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Fish on The Sand said:
you forgot goaltending, as rare as it is to say that about canada. Theodore declining has really hurt the team.
Theodore would have been the number 3 anyway and still wouldn't have seen action so no it didn't hurt the team.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
wilka91 said:

He made the all-star game one year and has done a lot of scouting. He's a respected hockey mind, TSN wouldn't have him if he wasn't.

alexstream

Apr 30, 2003
forums.habsworld.net
CREW99AW said:
someone help me out here.

following the 1999 draft,some ranger fans were posting that they'd just drafted the next Bossy and Trottier (Brendl+Lundmark)

Someone said McGuire's the one who threw out that statement,that Brendl+Lundmark were the next Bossy and Trottier.Anyone watch that draft telecast and hear McGuire make those comments?

Is that better or worse than saying that a 17 y.o. kid is the next gretzky?
cause gretzky himself said it, so if crosby is not as good as gretzky, gretzky has no credential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad