Pierre McGuire Venting Area Thread

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I like his passion, but I don't like how he uses it. He tries to force a narrative about a random depth player TAKING OVER a game because he has a decent shift. You can be complimentary and enthusiastic and still stick to reality. It undercuts both the depth of what's truly happening and the intensity when something actually exciting happens.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Ah yes, “he knows so much stuff about players” like it’s not his job to prepare for games....

he’s a dope

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I like his passion, but I don't like how he uses it. He tries to force a narrative about a random depth player TAKING OVER a game because he has a decent shift. You can be complimentary and enthusiastic and still stick to reality. It undercuts both the depth of what's truly happening and the intensity when something actually exciting happens.
Because he can relate to loud things with no talent

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I used to appreciate his quirks and analysis. As I've gotten older, they've started to annoy me.

Pierre is hard to not cringe at.

Reactions: SteveHanson

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
At the 2009 World Juniors, Gord Miller said "Can you believe it!" as a rhetorical question when Eberle tied it up in a miracle comeback, of course Pierre decided to answer this rhetorical question with an "I can!!" instead of just letting the noise of the arena take over. Other than that I've always found him to be quite knowledgeable and don't really get the hate he gets.

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
Until Tuesday, I was on Pierre's side and didn't mind him. I even said before the game "Wow, McGuire's announcing, thank god it's not Bob Errey"

By the halfway point, I wanted Bob Errey.

The lovefest with the Penguins was f***ing asinine. It was disgusting. The shots were 14-5 in the first for the Flyers, and Pierre wouldn't shut up about how impressive the Pens were!

Sure in the 2nd they deserved the praise because they took over the game, but the Flyers outplayed the Pens 45/60 minutes, and you'd think there was only 1 team playing by McGuire's announcing.

I get his boyfriend Crosby was out, but GingerJesus Ch****.

He even managed to bring up how well the Pens played yesterday multiple times during Wsh-Bos! Like holy f***. You're a national broadcaster, try not to make your f***ing hard-on so damn visible for Pens national broadcasts.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
I'll always remember his reaction to the habs taking Price at #5 in his draft year... a rather freezing-cold take.

Aside from that, I for one love how insane he sounds when he talks. His extremely enthusiastic and always gets my attention. I also appreciate the absolutely ridiculous things that he says/does that get people talking (Big stick, gliding into the winter classic camera shot, etc.)

I still lose it when I see that clip!

Reactions: Hockey Stick

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Gonna check out the TBL/CHI game. YES!!!! Pierre is on the broadcast. Ergo, ipso fatso, he won’t be broadcasting Pens/Rags later. Nice.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Pierre and Gord Miller were a good tandem. Gord used to take a few playful jabs at him from time to time, and I really liked McGuire's enthusiasm. It just worked really well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->