Pierre McGuire Venting Area Thread

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
Hockey has Pierre McGuire. Basketball has Dick Vitale. Identical twins.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I really need to mute the sound religiously whenever he has a microphone. I have reached a breaking tonight. PHL vs PIT tonight; PIT completes a nice tic-tac-toe and scores...."that was the nicest passing sequence before any goal all year this year in the NHL"
There have been 1,895 goals scored prior to tonight, has captain armpit pants watched the passing sequencing prior to every goal.

The ironic part is that the Flyers goal earlier in that very same game scored by Farabee had a nicer passing sequence :laugh:

Maguire is the absolutely f***ing worst in the business.

Letting this penis looking clown call Penguins games when he has been desperate to work for that organization for years is an absolute joke. NBC is trash.

Reactions: SteveHanson

tvilling

Jan 17, 2021
I tried to watch some of the Philly and Pittsburg game last night and I think he gets paid by the number of word his speaks because he yammers on about how Joe Hockey player once scored 6 goals in pewee playing for the Mooseknuckles in a game against the Yukon Camel Toes back in 83
true........ he also says, great play here by the Pittsburgh Penguins, or Boston Bruins etc ...... always saying the entire name of the teams!

Ehh, you don't' have to say the whole thing dude, we f***ing know what city they are from or what the team is called!

Settle with one of the two !!

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
With teams playing a limited number of opponents this season, it is becoming painfully obvious how much stuff he recycles. Did you know that John Forslund likes to send Pierre the odds of teams making the Stanley Cup every morning? I do now cause Regis likes to tell everyone, every game they work together.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
"Kristopher Letang". I dont know why it bothers me that he has to say the whole name, every time.

Also, the way his voice pitch raises and lowers sometimes is strange, like some part of his sentences wind up getting mumbled. Like last night he was talking about something positive the Flyers did and I thought he was talking about some random guy watching at home named "Al Avino" liking what he saw, before I realized he was talking about Vigneault

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
He's on Ottawa radio every weekday morning. His radio persona vs his TV persona is night and day. Could also be because he does his radio hits in the morning and isn't wound up yet, but his tone is so different.

I dont mind listening to Pierre. His refusal to listen to any sort of analytics is annoying, but I dont get hung up on that. Hes just a bit of a dinosaur that way.

Reactions: TMLeafer

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Love or hate him, you don’t know hockey if you think PM doesn’t know hockey.

I respect his knowledge and passion for the game. Second to none really.

Do I enjoy watching / listening to him? Sure, doled out sparingly, but I wouldn’t want to listen to him every game.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I find it impossible to watch and enjoy a game that he's calling. The overexcitement and hyperbole. The shouting over the PBP rather than letting his coworker just do his job. The bizarre/awkward statements he makes several times/game. Just the general tone of his voice. I have an absolutely visceral reaction against it.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Pierre has so much random information that is completely unrelated to the game. A guy could score a goal, "He used to play for X in junior, he scored a goal like that in Jr on a Wednesday night, that he learned from his grandpa, who happened to be a forklift driver in a Canadian tire warehouse handling hockey sticks" like bro shutup and talk about the game in front of you.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
Dude is a big hockey nerd, he might be annoying most of the times but he knows is hockey. I wish he could do a french feed so i dont have to listen to ex french canadian ahl players make up new words as they go

Reactions: generalshepherd141

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
"Kristopher Letang". I dont know why it bothers me that he has to say the whole name, every time.

Also, the way his voice pitch raises and lowers sometimes is strange, like some part of his sentences wind up getting mumbled. Like last night he was talking about something positive the Flyers did and I thought he was talking about some random guy watching at home named "Al Avino" liking what he saw, before I realized he was talking about Vigneault
I can't really get angry at your post because...... well...... Sound and Vision!

Joking aside, I love Pierre. He is enthusiastic, he knows the game, he seems like a nice guy and he makes me laugh (sometimes, I'm sure, not on purpose).

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
I don't mind him as a person. Seems passionate, nice, courteous etc. But there was a game a few weeks ago between the Bruins and Rangers... he must have said Adam Fox's name over 20 times. Like, if Fox entered the tv shot he would literally just yell Adam FOX! It was absolutely bonkers imo. It was like he had a bet with a co-worker on how many times he could say his favourite players name, sort of Super Troopers 'Meow' level stuff.

Reactions: Score8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad