Pierre McGuire Venting Area Thread

SteveHanson

Jan 22, 2021
Whitehorse
I really need to mute the sound religiously whenever he has a microphone. I have reached a breaking tonight. PHL vs PIT tonight; PIT completes a nice tic-tac-toe and scores...."that was the nicest passing sequence before any goal all year this year in the NHL"
There have been 1,895 goals scored prior to tonight, has captain armpit pants watched the passing sequencing prior to every goal.

UPDATE.....watching BOS/WAS game now.....7 beers in...sound muted...stapleton/wallen/combs mix flowing

Last edited:

SteveHanson

Jan 22, 2021
Whitehorse
I really need to mute the sound religiously whenever he has a microphone. I have reached a breaking point. PHL vs PIT tonight; PIT completes a nice tic-tac-toe and scores...."that was the nicest passing sequence before any goal all year this year in the NHL"
There have been 1,895 goals scored prior to tonight, has captain armpit pants watched the passing sequencing prior to every goal.
e9d9f6c3f7647ee25b0c63cedb25ac08.gif
3gTgj53.jpg

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
I really need to mute the sound religiously whenever he has a microphone. I have reached a breaking tonight. PHL vs PIT tonight; PIT completes a nice tic-tac-toe and scores...."that was the nicest passing sequence before any goal all year this year in the NHL"

They used to do that same play back in pee wee hockey in Saskatchewan!

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
He honestly probably has. The guy is the biggest hockey fan in history.

He's the type of guy to watch the highlights of every game every night so I wouldnt be surprised if you were right. I mean at most you're watching 2 hours of highlights on a Saturday night and that's not really a lot for some one who's job centers around hockey.

Reactions: johan f

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
He's the type of guy to watch the highlights of every game every night so I wouldnt be surprised if you were right. I mean at most you're watching 2 hours of highlights on a Saturday night and that's not really a lot for some one who's job centers around hockey.

That's an understatement, he seems to watch every prospect play as well

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
How dare you?! Lord Pierre shall not be treated like a courtjester!

No big stick for you.

All jokes aside, I like him. He's entertaining AF and he's passionate. There's a ton of other so called experts that are boring AF.

We need more colors in the league, not less.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I mean, he is the Rain Man of hockey. He knows and remembers stuff like no one else and has preparation is second to none. He's just insanely socially awkward on camera and can have really creepy moments, so it's easy to pick on the guy.

I legitimately think he is on the spectrum, and that is okay. Honestly, as someone who is on the spectrum myself, Pierre is totally one of us - I just see way too much of myself in him in the really awkward moments he has, and hockey's always been that special thing for me too that dominated my entire life (albeit I'm just a really passionate fan and not a walking, talking encyclopedia - he's probably forgotten more than I know about the game). So I've always sympathized with him, since it feels like I'm staring into a mirror when he has his... moments.

Last edited:

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
I tried to watch some of the Philly and Pittsburg game last night and I think he gets paid by the number of word his speaks because he yammers on about how Joe Hockey player once scored 6 goals in pewee playing for the Mooseknuckles in a game against the Yukon Camel Toes back in 83

NeonKnight

Nov 14, 2008
I generally like him, but he was ridiculous last night. At one point he said this was the first time Sullivan coached an under-manned Pens team.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
It's crazy to think that this guy was a multi sport stud, including starting QB, at one of the jockiest, most macho schools in Jersey

SteveHanson

Jan 22, 2021
Whitehorse
How dare you?! Lord Pierre shall not be treated like a courtjester!

No big stick for you.

All jokes aside, I like him. He's entertaining AF and he's passionate. There's a ton of other so called experts that are boring AF.

We need more colors in the league, not less.
you bring up a good point, while he does annoy the f out of me. The people who arent as weird but also dont know anything about the game and cant pronounce mainstream players names I would have to rank as the worst.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
He honestly probably has. The guy is the biggest hockey fan in history.

This is what I was going to say. I would not discount the fact that either live or in highlights, he has seen them all. I imagine NBC provides their analysts with custom tape. They aren’t waiting for ESPN to get through pro fishing highlights to show 3 mins of hockey.

Reactions: generalshepherd141

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad