Confirmed with Link: Pierre Engvall signs 2 year extension (AAV: 1.25M)

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Yea, in terms of forwards we have the Big 4 + Kerfoot, Hyman and Kapanen I think to protect. I want to say Mikhevey will be ineligible

Leafs management seems to really be fond of Mikheyev and Korshkov. I dont see any of them going anywhere.

If the Leafs have to move Johnsson or Kapanen or BOTH to get better on the back end then Mikheyev (LW) and Korshkov (RW) are very good replacements.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Nice deal, nothing to complain about.

Lots more RFA boxes to tick, keep it going. Sign the guys up who want to compete to be here.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Remember, a player that is due to be a UFA in July can be signed by Seattle if they are not protected. I think there is a good chance that Toronto makes a deal with Seattle to minimize their roster loss.

Nobody worth doing that for at this point.

Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares, Kapanen + 2 extra spots (Mikheyev is exempt). Johnsson, Kerfoot, Engvall, Hyman are some of the possibilities, but one of Johnsson or Kerfoot are likely traded (if not both), which would leave guys like Bracco, Timashov and Gauthier as the Leafs' worst guys (hardly worth worrying about).

Rielly, Muzzin/Dermott and a RHD on the back end. Holl will be the guy exposed and likely the guy Seattle ends up taking, unless they really like Jack Campbell.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Here's my seattle protection list at the moment under a scenario where 3 likely moves occur:

Muzzin extended, Hyman extended and one of Kerfoot/Johnsson/kapanen is traded for a d:

Tavares (NMC), Matthews, Marner, Nylander, 2 of those above 3, Hyman

Rielly, Muzzin, Dermott

Campbell

its simple.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 6

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Nobody worth doing that for at this point.

Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares, Kapanen + 2 extra spots (Mikheyev is exempt). Johnsson, Kerfoot, Engvall, Hyman are some of the possibilities, but one of Johnsson or Kerfoot are likely traded (if not both), which would leave guys like Bracco, Timashov and Gauthier as the Leafs' worst guys (hardly worth worrying about).

Rielly, Muzzin/Dermott and a RHD on the back end. Holl will be the guy exposed and likely the guy Seattle ends up taking, unless they really like Jack Campbell.

The Leafs only make a deal if they value the player that Seattle is likely to pick more than the alternative package that Seattle would accept.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Dubas must think he is playing a video game - just handing out money because its not his! :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, I am loving the recent moves made by our GM.

Reactions: Rogie

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Remember, a player that is due to be a UFA in July can be signed by Seattle if they are not protected. I think there is a good chance that Toronto makes a deal with Seattle to minimize their roster loss.

You mean singed as a UFA in July by Seattle? I'm saying Leafs and Hyman agree to terms before the expansion draft and sign after the draft.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Also, this extension pretty much guarantees one of Kerfoot/Johnsson are out the door by the TDL or this summer. Just a matter of time.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Another one of chart boy's Calder cream puffs, contributing and now signed to a cheap deal. Horrible. Everything about this regime is unprecedented and horrible. Make chart boy wear it like a pair of hipster glasses.
I hope this is sarcasm....

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
We have 3 key spots to fill out for the roster next year and it's February. 4 if you include Dermott.

Mikheyev, Muzzin and a top 4 RD.

This is amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smif and Rogie

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Does he:

1. Hit/Finish his checks

2. Fight

?

I think that if you said no to the above then don't you question this signing?

In no way do I think this contract is bad or that he's bad. I just question why we have so many non-role players.

Perhaps they'll use him to trade for one.

He can play centre....

Reactions: kb

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Good signing. Like that Dubas opts to always get a year or two of extra term rather than let them reup for anraise the next season.

Getting a guy who can play on the 3rd line for under 1.5 is nothing but a positive

Last edited:

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Reactions: Smif and stickty111

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad