Pierre Dorion's trade tracker

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
Why are we engaging a "Bruins" fan who apparently has no idea how to properly assess players?

Fact is, every piece we got in that trade, no matter how many of them, we could have acquired fairly easily without trading away an elite, generational player.

It seems people see the 6 PIECES and forget that none of them as of now are anything more than bottom-6 Fs and a bottom pairing D. The picks could turn out good, but again, you don't need to trade an incredibly rare defenseman to get those.

A single legit top 6 or top 3 D man would have been better than all this crud.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Francis Perron has set a new career high in points in an AHL season with 27 pts in 28 games

His previous best was 26 in 68 in his rookie year

Worst part is I bet we could have given up Gagne instead

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
has there ever been worse calendar year in nhl history than the 2018/19 sens? like this has to be up there.

not only do you lose a generational player in his prime but you also don't have the lowest franchise pick in like 20 years. a pick that almost guarantees to be one of the best players to wear the jersey.

and not only do you lose the pick but you also lose the player who was traded for it lol.

if we honestly tried to be as bad as pierre dorion, we wouldn't be able to... its such a special level of incompetence its almost impressive.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
in all fairness, we were saddled with Gaborik's contract which if I remember correctly was only a million less than Phaneuf...regardless, Melnyk loves this, as Gaborik counts against the cap, but is paid by insurance.

The Phaneuf trade was good for Melnyk in the sense that you get rid of an overpaid declining player for a LTIR case; which costs only 20% in the end. Of course if due diligence was made that Gaborik had a high chance to end up on the LTIR. Gaborik’a cap hit never mattered (and it was a bit over 2M$ per less). However, we were not happy with the retention; finally we understand

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The fact that you said we won the Karlsson trade is where any logic ends.

It would be like trading Bergeron for Pageau + a 3rd line prospect at best, and a future who knows what.

What?

Pageau and an average prospect for Bergeron

is equivalent to

Norris, Balcers, Tierney, DeMelo, 1st, 2nd, conditionals for Karlsson

I think some really do overrate Karlsson or underrate Bergeron. Sure he’s getting there in age but if same age/contract I might take Bergeron to build my team over Karlsson and I’m a huge EK fan. Sure EK is exciting but Bergeron has been the best 2-way player in the game for a decade.

There’s absolutely no problem with the package in itself for a « 1 year rental ». Any GM trading much more than that for a guy that could leave next summer should be fired on the spot. Wilson took a gigantic risk, Sharks didn’t have a great prospect pool and they pretty much went all in with that trade. If EK leaves, it’s going to hurt real bad.

The problem is not in the package, not sure why people are focusing on that. The problem is that Melnyk transformed the captain and franchise player into a 1 year rental, and then Dorion thought it was a great thing to trade your best D-man for a package of forwards and picks (DeMelo should be 3rd pair max)

Reactions: billpo

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Francis Perron has set a new career high in points in an AHL season with 27 pts in 28 games

Yeah I was thinking that yesterday. Could we have given Gagne instead of Perron. Not so sure though.
Oh well what’s done is done and I’m still not sold on Perron having any success in the nhl.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
What?

Pageau and an average prospect for Bergeron

is equivalent to

Norris, Balcers, Tierney, DeMelo, 1st, 2nd, conditionals for Karlsson

It was just a quick random mock up of a bad deal either way. Wasn't putting much thought into what makes sense or what Bergs value is (obviously way more than I threw at the wall).

Unless you agree with the person I was responding to that we "won" the Karlsson trade.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If we won the Karlsson trade attendance would be increasing and not decreasing. EK was more then just eye candy, fans loved the guy and had an emotional attachment to him - he was Alfies heir, the Captain, the face of the franchise and was the heart of the team for so long.

Nothing personally against the trade return but there isn’t a single element that’s come back that fans have the slightest inclination to embrace.

It’s like being forced to get rid of your dream car and getting a bus pass, a used bicycle, a pair of cross country skis and a cheap moped in return and the people around you expecting you to be happy because they are all modes of transportation.

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
If we won the Karlsson trade attendance would be increasing and not decreasing. EK was more then just eye candy, fans loved the guy and had an emotional attachment to him -
exactly...EK he was a player that people came to watch...people bought EK jersey's(sens merchandise)...he was a hero to young fans...he was the face of your company.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Dorion should have never made the trade for Duchene without having the draft pick being lottery protected. You should always lottery protect a 1st round draft pick. Dorion is an amateur.

Reactions: bert

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Dorion should have never made the trade for Duchene without having the draft pick being lottery protected. You should always lottery protect a 1st round draft pick. Dorion is an amateur.
It was protected, we choose Tkachuk and deferred.

You can't lottery protect a pick forever, you can protect a year.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I'm saying that the 2019 first pick that we won't get this year should have been protected so that if we end up in last place Colorado would not get the 2019 first overall.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm saying that the 2019 first pick that we won't get this year should have been protected so that if we end up in last place Colorado would not get the 2019 first overall.
Yes, it was a 2018 pick with protection, we used the protection to keep the 4th. You can't protect a pick for multiple years.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Last year the pick was protected. He can protect two year in a row

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yes, it was a 2018 pick with protection, we used the protection to keep the 4th. You can't protect a pick for multiple years.

In hindsight, the way to do it would have been for the pick to be a pair of 2nds (2018 and 2019), which upgraded to a 2018 1st if the Sens made the playoffs, or something along those lines. Instead of protecting the pick, upgrade it based on performance.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
In hindsight, the way to do it would have been for the pick to be a pair of 2nds (2018 and 2019), which upgraded to a 2018 1st if the Sens made the playoffs, or something along those lines. Instead of protecting the pick, upgrade it based on performance.
We never had a 2018 2nd (Zib), we got Tychonik with a pick acquired at the draft.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We never had a 2018 2nd (Zib), we got Tychonik with a pick acquired at the draft.

Was more just getting at the method of protecting the pick rather than the specifics, but yeah, we may not have really had the pieces to do it in a similar fashion.

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010

That bring us to another bad Dorian trade, the Zib trade. That trade made sense if New York was adding the 2nd. But somehow they convinced Dorian to throw in a 2nd and it ended up being a high pick like 32nd overall.

Reactions: Karlstrobe

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
That bring us to another bad Dorian trade, the Zib trade. That trade made sense if New York was adding the 2nd. But somehow they convinced Dorian to throw in a 2nd and it ended up being a high pick like 32nd overall.

The owner convinced him to throw in a 2nd to pay Brassard's bonus. That one wasn't on Pierre. You can debate Zibby for Brass straight up though.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I doubt it they drafted Meier who played with Perron in Jr. They knew exactly how good he was, it was the sens inept management that saw the former Q MVP as a throw in. Or a guy that Justin Murray highly recomended after they fired him. Pierre Dorion is a fickle pathetic man that makes decisions like this based on personal bias.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I doubt it they drafted Meier who played with Perron in Jr. They knew exactly how good he was, it was the sens inept management that saw the former Q MVP as a throw in. Or a guy that Justin Murray highly recomended after they fired him. Pierre Dorion is a fickle pathetic man that makes decisions like this based on personal bias.
is Perron the new Dahlen around here?

I guess people stopped talking about Dahlen though

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
That fabricated outrage over Dahlen was hilarious. He was on nobody's radar until we traded him.

What? He was taken in the top 1/3 of the 2nd round. He was on everyone's radar.

We're probably going to get an early 2nd round pick, or a Dahlen like prospect, back for Dzingel. I'm sure when that trade is made, you'll be talking about what a great future that player has.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->