Pierre Dorion's trade tracker

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
What's wrong with Tierney? He's only 24 and playing above expectations . Balcers in 3 games 2 points and he's only 21. Norris is playing well and probable will join sens next year. Demelo has been solid on D this year. Wait till the draft picks also kick in. Dorion did pretty ok in this deal.

The fact that you said we won the Karlsson trade is where any logic ends.

It would be like trading Bergeron for Pageau + a 3rd line prospect at best, and a future who knows what.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think you guys have especially in the long run this kids are still in diapers in terms of where they are in the nhl and have oodles of talent especially norris and balcers. Tierney had found his stride already excellent 2c.
Tierny is this teams #4 when everyone is healthy...he isn't (shouldn't) be in the longterm plans of the team

We lose Duchene and he becomes the #2 by default next year (with Pageau being the more important/better center playing 3rd line.)

Reactions: billpo

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
I think you guys have especially in the long run this kids are still in diapers in terms of where they are in the nhl and have oodles of talent especially norris and balcers. Tierney had found his stride already excellent 2c.

I added to my post you quoted likely after your reply but Tierney on a playoff team isn't anywhere in the top 6.

He's not horrible but seems like the best piece of the pie we got early on.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I just
Tierny is this teams #4 when everyone is healthy...he isn't (shouldn't) be in the longterm plans of the team

We lose Duchene and he becomes the #2 by default next year (with Pageau being the more important/better center playing 3rd line.)
I just don't see the doom gloom for this deal. I kinda wish the Bruins had Tierney and especially norris he's gonna be the diamond in the rough. Balcers could be like a mini mini pastrnak 20 plus goals a year fast skater.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I just

I just don't see the doom gloom for this deal. I kinda wish the Bruins had Tierney and especially norris he's gonna be the diamond in the rough. Balcers could be like a mini mini pastrnak 20 plus goals a year fast skater.
Sure, you could have had them if you traded them Pasternak

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
B
We will gladly trade you Tierney, Balcers and Norris for Bergeron. Take it and run.
Bergy has term and is top 5 player in league. I would deal him in the right circumstance . Karlsson was leaving sens no matter what and dorion did well and got some nice pieces for the future . I have a feeling you guys are gonna hear a lot of J norris to Brady T scores. !!!!

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
B

Bergy has term and is top 5 player in league. I would deal him in the right circumstance . Karlsson was leaving sens no matter what and dorion did well and got some nice pieces for the future . I have a feeling you guys are gonna hear a lot of J norris to Brady T scores. !!!!

Would you deal Bergy in the proposal I made? Karlsson still had term too on a sweetheart deal when we traded him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

If you like him so much why not give us Debrusk for him?

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
So with the 2 trades today we traded
Paul Carey 31 LW Bellevilles leading scorer
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Gabriel Gagne 23 RW
33459-28
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
we received
Cody Gouloubef 30 Def
GP 16 G3 A9 PTS12 PIM27
Morgan Klimchuk 24 LW
GP 30 G5 A5 PTS10 PIM29

So we traded away 2 wingers for a winger and defenceman, gave up 36 points for 22 points. Also Belleville is in Grand Rapids, so i expect neither of these 2 will make it in time and also the Sens called up Elliot so will Belleville be 3 short tonightÉ

Last edited:

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
So the difference in value between Karlsson and DeBrusk in your mind is Demelo + 1st + 2nd?? And the Sens somehow mde a good trade...Can't make this stuff up
Karlsson has injury concerns and may have 2 super years left in him. I wouldn't pay a boatload for him. Sharks are going for it this year and if I'm Wilson no way I sign something stupid for 7 yrs millions of dollars.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Karlsson has injury concerns and may have 2 super years left in him. I wouldn't pay a boatload for him. Sharks are going for it this year and if I'm Wilson no way I sign something stupid for 7 yrs millions of dollars.
Yes, I'm sure you wouldn't.

Thankfully, to fans, you're not a GM of these teams trying to compete.

Reactions: Gesus

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Yes, I'm sure you wouldn't.

Thankfully, to fans, you're not a GM of these teams trying to compete.
I rather sell an asset before it declines . Maybe dorion could have gotten more but he was under strict orders to get him out in Pacific time so sens fans don't feel pain watching him another jersey. It was an emotional and business decision and dorion did the best he could and ended up with a decent package that helps now with Tierney and demelo and more importantly 2 first round picks which norris is one of them. Balcers and 2nd round pick will also help greatly. That's how I break this all dowm.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
What makes you think this, especially considering how great he's playing now. Guys dont just completely break down once they hit 30.
Also

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
What makes you think this, especially considering how great he's playing now. Guys dont just completely break down once they hit 30.
Also
Lucic ladd Clarkson horton are some examples of complete breakdowns. I guess it depends on player but risky to sign long 7 to 8 contracts when age hits close to 30. I think ottawa did well under the circumstance.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Lucic ladd Clarkson horton are some examples of complete breakdowns. I guess it depends on player but risky to sign long 7 to 8 contracts when age hits close to 30. I think ottawa did well under the circumstance.

And Heatley and Nash and Sutton and Gryba and...signing Karlsson might have been a good idea, in fact it probably was, but since we're in a rebuild anyway ditching him is pretty fine. Mark Stone I'd have much more trouble with, unless we're getting an elite two-way prospect in the deal.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Lol Tierney and DeMelo are just role players and stop gaps, nothing more. We have a team of guys like them, and its not exciting in the least in a trade for a superstar. They can contribute and fill a spot but c'mon, neither are "pieces" for the rebuild and i think both will be dealt over the next year or two anyways. Tierney for sure, DeMelo maybe not if he is cheap.

I expect we can get a 2nd+ for Tierney when the time comes and a 4th/5th for Demelo if he can keep up his decent level of play.

That would make the deal at least a little better than it looked, although still not enough for the greatest defenceman of our generation.

Karlsson
Perron

For

1st
2nd
2nd
4th
Norris
Balcers
+conditional picks not likely to come in to the equation imo. I see Karlsson heading to FA and possibly getting the largest AAV of anyone yet, even McDavid.

That's still just your typical bag of magic beans package, but it looks better to me since we're really burning this to the ground from the looks of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: billpo

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Man that OP is painful for even a non sens fan. With proper management/ownership that team is right up there with TB, Bos, and Tor for our division right now. Did anybody dare to do a roster of what could be right now? I know there is no point to it but would still be interesting to see.
They are not even close. Our playoff run was as much luck as it was skill. Boston was beat up and NYR were on their last legs as a playofff team. As well Anderson stood on his head.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Why are we engaging a "Bruins" fan who apparently has no idea how to properly assess players?

Fact is, every piece we got in that trade, no matter how many of them, we could have acquired fairly easily without trading away an elite, generational player.

It seems people see the 6 PIECES and forget that none of them as of now are anything more than bottom-6 Fs and a bottom pairing D. The picks could turn out good, but again, you don't need to trade an incredibly rare defenseman to get those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->