Pierre Dorion's trade tracker

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I find the IN and OUT lists lack the details required to evaluate each specific trade made by Dorion. My preference would be one list with INs on one side and the corresponding OUTs on the other.

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
I find the IN and OUT lists lack the details required to evaluate each specific trade made by Dorion. My preference would be one list with INs on one side and the corresponding OUTs on the other.

Thanks for the feedback, it's duely noted! Wanted to provide an overall look at the moves that were made by Dorion so far, but I see your point. I'll be adding a trade by trade table as soon as I get the chance.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Thanks for the feedback, it's duely noted! Wanted to provide an overall look at the moves that were made by Dorion so far, but I see your point. I'll be adding a trade by trade table as soon as I get the chance.

I want to see how we get hosed on Brassard twice.

Reactions: Cosmix

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I guess this is appropriate for this thread

"He was fifth leading scorer in their 2 rounds in the playoffs".

I am having trouble containing my excitement. You know it's bad when the GM is reaching when trying to find anything positive to say about the guy he traded for.

Edit: Also loved when the French reporter asked him if the reason Boucher was back was because he was the only one they could afford. Lmao.

Last edited:

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
He definitely had to think before he spoke. Something Melnyk should learn.

All I get from the interview is Duchene is a core player going forward. Karlsson he was tight lipped, likely wants to keep him but seems unsure of his decision like the rest of us.

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
Good trade last night.

Maybe another one today? Expected more deals today as the pressure of the 1st round settles down and more GM’s are working the phones.

Side note though, very excited about our roster. Hopefully we get to see guys like Batherson, Brown, Brady(?) for a couple games next year.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Good trade last night.

Maybe another one today? Expected more deals today as the pressure of the 1st round settles down and more GM’s are working the phones.

Side note though, very excited about our roster. Hopefully we get to see guys like Batherson, Brown, Brady(?) for a couple games next year.

Seems like a homerun trade allthough small for us...i like it...i too was suprised at the little movement we saw last night, was happy with our draft and moves but was hoping for some fireworks from other teams for entertainment purposes tbh

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Here's Pierre Dorion's trade tracker (I'll keep updating it for the duration of his tenure):

:sens

Roster on april 10, 2016 (hiring date):

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
MacArthur - Zibanejad - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Dzingel
Chiasson - Paul - Lazar
Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Boro - Wideman
Wiercioch

Anderson
Hammond

Notable prospects: Chabot, White, Chlapik, Wolanin, Jaros, Englund, Gagné, Perron, Harpur, Claesson, Hogberg, 1sts & 2nd round picks in upcoming years

Roster on september 16, 2018 (current):

Dzingel - Duchene - White
Tkachuk - Tierney - Stone
Boedker - Pageau - Ryan
Paajarvi - Smith - Pyatt
McCormick/Gaborik

Chabot - Ceci
Wolanin - Demelo
Boro - Wideman
Harpur

Anderson
Condon

Notable prospects: Brown, Batherson, Formenton, Norris, Balcers, Nurmi, Lajoie, Tychonik, JBD, Gustavsson, 1sts & 2nd round picks in upcoming years (except unprotected 2019 1st round pick)

#​
IN​
OUT​
June 24, 2016​
2016 11th overall pick (Logan Brown)
2016 12th overall pick (Michael McLeod) + 2016 3rd round pick (Joey Anderson)​
June 27, 2016​
Patrick Sieloff​
Alex Chiasson​
July 18, 2016​
Derick Brassard + 2018 7th round pick (Luke Loheit)​
Mika Zibanejad + 2018 2nd round pick (Jonatan Berggren)
November 2, 2016​
Mike Condon
2017 5th round pick (Jan Drogz)​
January 24, 2017​
Tommy Wingels​
Zack Stortini + Buddy Robinson + 2017 7th round pick (Matthew Hellickson)​
#6 February 1, 2017​
Marc Hagel​
Future considerations​
February 27, 2017​
Alex Burrows​
Jonathan Dahlen
#8 February 28, 2017​
Viktor Stalberg​
2017 3rd round pick (Evan Barratt)​
March 1, 2017​
Jyrki Jokipakka + 2017 2nd round pick (Alex Formenton)
Curtis Lazar + Mike Kostka​
March 6, 2017​
Brandon Gormley​
Future considerations​
November 5, 2017​
Matt Duchene​
Kyle Turris (Samuel Girard + Vladislav Kamenev + 2018 2nd round pick (Filip Hallander)) + Andrew Hammond + Shane Bowers + 2018 3rd round pick (Justus Annunen) + unprotected 2019 1st round pick
#12 February 13, 2018​
Marian Gaborik + Nick Shore​
Dion Phaneuf + Nate Thompson​
#13 February 15, 2018​
Ville Pokka​
Chris DiDomenico​
#14 February 23, 2018​
Ian Cole + Filip Gustavsson + 2018 1st round pick (Jacob Bernard-Docker) + 2019 3rd round pick
Derick Brassard + Vincent Dunn + 2018 3rd round pick (Jesper Eliasson)​
#15 February 26, 2018​
2019 7th round pick​
Nick Shore​
February 26, 2018​
Nick Moutrey + 2020 3rd round pick​
Ian Cole​
June 19, 2018​
Mikkel Boedker + Julius Bergman + 2020 6th round pick​
Mike Hoffman + Cody Donaghey + 2020 5th round pick
September 13, 2018​
Chris Tierney + Dylan DeMelo + Josh Norris + Rudolfs Balcers + 2019 2nd round pick + 2019 or 2020 1st round pick​
Erik Karlsson + Francis Perron
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I) From december 28, 2017:

II) Needless to say I've been laughing in sadness again and hitting the bottle pretty hard these past few days. This level of incompetence wouldn't be tolerated by any self-respecting organization. And in no way, shape or form should be tolerated by the fans.

The 2018-2019 Eugene Melnyk owned Ottawa Senators won't get a single penny from my pocket. I refuse to sit by and encourage the very people who destroyed this team while they pretend to fix the mess they created. Couldn't be more excited for the kids, there's real talent there. But I'll be watching from home and that'll be the extent of my support. If after ten years of investment that makes me a bad fan, so be it.

Stubborn coach + Clueless, incompetent GM + Money hungry, penny pinching owner = disaster. There should be rallies and petitions out by now.​

Win
Condon -- slight win
Jyrki Jokipakka + 2017 2nd round pick (Alex Formenton)
Ian Cole + Filip Gustavsson + 2018 1st round pick (Jacob Bernard-Docker) + 2019 3rd round pick

Loss

Mika Zibanejad + 2018 2nd round pick (Jonatan Berggren)
Jonathan Dahlen
Kyle Turris (Samuel Girard + Vladislav Kamenev + 2018 2nd round pick (Filip Hallander)) + Andrew Hammond + Shane Bowers + 2018 3rd round pick (Justus Annunen) + unprotected 2019 1st round pick
Mike Hoffman + Cody Donaghey + 2020 5th round pick
Erik Karlsson + Francis Perron

The magnitude of the losses far outweigh the wins. The rest are somewhat debatable or really meh.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I guess this is appropriate for this thread

Around the 7 minute mark he is asked if we are doing a rebuild and he says something along the lines of "labels aren't productive".

I had such high hopes for you Pierre... Murray held things together as best he could but you were supposed to have a keener eye for talent (Murray being more old fashioned and favouring toughness to a degree) and you not only failed, you lied to everyone for over 6 months.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Interesting take in the “bad” trade

//Did you see the return for Karlsson.

Ottawa traded a -28 unit Diff (awful without Methot) rover.
Rovers are huge % Negative Boolean affect GF & GA players.

For

1. Tierney 1.09 125 fwd 1 cup core piece

2. De Malo a Top 50 HD dman 2 of 3 yrs, 2/2 in HD sys.
1 of 3/4 needed HD d cup core piece

3. J. Norris who looking like a potential top 125 fwd.

4. Balcers who’s 20yr AHL season matches peers
Schmaltz
Ghodolibin
Forsberg
Trochek
Reider
Pearson
M. Stone
R. Strome
Screams good top 125 fwd

5. 1st rounder

6. 2nd rounder

7. 1st or 2nd rounder if signed
Or
1st rounder if on a EC roster in 18-19

A real shot at 5-7 of 10-12 needed Cup Core base pieces.

This is just a hugely one sided trade based on large % Boolean affect repeat conf/cup core theory.
Proved by VGK 100% copy and Cup final appearance.

Best potential cup core based trade haul since Lindros trade?

Dorion Is a genius.

I am still laughing how historic this is.

Bloody H......//

I worked on design of kitimat Oil Pipeline.
( we looked at who the protestors were )
They were professional protestors paid by Texas Oil to block the oil being shipped to Japan, India, China.

I wonder if the guy running the Melnyk Petion is a secret hire.
Wonder who that would benefit.

You should really look into that.
Cause they make you look ungrateful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad