OT: Pickup Roller Hockey?

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Pens fan coming in peace.

Does anyone know of any pickup roller hockey that goes on in the city?
The only roller rinks I know of are Rizzo and Cione.

or would anyone be interested in playing pickup?

I haven't really played hockey in a few years and I wanna get back into it and I would love to play some pickup games, I just dont know where to start or to look. So if anyone has any information about pickup being played anywhere, that would be great.

JagerPuck

Jun 6, 2008
NJ
There is a rink on linden ave that I have played at a few times. usually a good crowd.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Not the city but sportsplex in trevose always has a good crowd. This is like 20 mins outside philly to the north.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
if your willing to trek over the bridge... Flyers Skate Zone in Vorhees NJ has open roller hockey every Friday from 8-10 ... im there all the time... get a good crowd every week too
Where's roller at skate zone Voorhees? I didnt see it when I went for flyers practice but I'd def join in on Fridays.

PSUCapsFan

Jan 8, 2010
Irvine, CA
Their is one in the Northeast, i forget what street. One across the bridge from Manayunk in some rich looking neighborhood. One in Bucks County (Northhampton township).

tlkamps

May 11, 2010
Philly
I know a bunch of people play on Thursdays at Rizzo. There is an old thread below that the guys started. I used to play there but haven't in a while. Its nothing fancy and its played on the outdoor. Just some good quality games.

Oh yeah, normally construction cones are the goals. Sounds awful but it really is a great time.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=786692

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I know a bunch of people play on Thursdays at Rizzo. There is an old thread below that the guys started. I used to play there but haven't in a while. Its nothing fancy and its played on the outdoor. Just some good quality games.

Oh yeah, normally construction cones are the goals. Sounds awful but it really is a great time.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=786692

yeah my friend told me about this group and a few of us may go to check it out.. havent played in a few years though, so could be rusty.. hopefully it's not too competitive.. haha

im used to playing with cones as goals from playing bike polo.. we actually used to play at Rizzo.. but apparently you need a permit to play there or something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad