TSN: picks Oilers to move up in the standings...

JustinCider

Dec 15, 2005
Earth
PHP:

doesn't really matter what the experts say. after 30th, 30th, 29th, the Oilers just actually have to do something. until the team proves they are not a big pile of losers, the perception will remain.
heck, I thought the Oilers had a good enough team to get off of the dungheap last year. I was wrong. hard to say the TV guys are wrong this year, given the Oilers history since the 2005 lockout.

You're totally right, i just found it funny how it seemed like the oilers were being talked uo all week, that they were poised to have a break out year, that they had all these advantages due to the short season, their best players were already playing, etc., etc., etc.... and what did all that equal in the end? a jump up of one spot in the Western Conference standings. Just didn't seem to make much sense. But, I put no stock into the prediction, none at all, it's up to the team how they do, not to a group of has beens/never weres in suits. I'm so pumped for tomorrow. Here's my prediction, the Oilers are gonna be awesome to watch, that is all.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
As others in this thread have mentioned, they must let the entire staff weigh in, because the panelists (knowledgeable enough to be on tv) all seem to have us in the playoffs. The funny thing being that Bobby Mac won't outright give his prediction, yet all the points he has made would bode well for the Oil.

gooilgo

Dec 30, 2010
Area 51
59 pts is what I personally have them on.

I think it's pretty weak of TSN to talk about how exciting and promising the Oilers are and a bunch of them say they'll make the playoffs then they pick them for 13th overall. Make a bold prediction and stick to it... not try and cover all possibilities.

59pts in 48 games is equivalent to around 101pts in a full 82 game schedule. That's a jump of 27 pts from last year so a little too optimistic for me.
Not saying I would not love for it to happen mind you. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad