Confirmed with Link: Pickard claimed off waivers - Update: Recalled to Coyotes 1/12/19

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Way too early to tell. IF Raanta was not injured I could see your point, but Hill is unproven. Both making peanuts in the whole scheme of things.

Hill is still a little too raw for my liking.

I like him more than Kuemper. I think he’s better in every aspect of the position, but I don’t want to trade Kuemper just yet

Reactions: doaner

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Way too early to tell. IF Raanta was not injured I could see your point, but Hill is unproven. Both making peanuts in the whole scheme of things.
I just would prefer not to have another year of Keumper and I’m not opposed to tanking (although likely better odds with Keumper in net). If we can get an asset in now open to it.

If we don’t I will lose exactly zero hours of sleep over it. It does help our tank if we don’t move Keumper.

Last edited:
Reactions: doaner

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Madsen was assigned to ECHL Norfolk.

After his hot start in Tucson he kinda nose dived.

I think Hill has sort of done the opposite, he started hot here then a few set backs and now he's recovered.

Though I don't think the gap between him and Kuemper is all that much. Aside from Kuemper doing his Tokyo Drift Impression everytime he has to move left/right he's been fine.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I know they probably thought Darcy was headed to the IR and he ended up just being day-to-day, but the Pickard pick up still seems monumentally stupid n retrospect.
Probably correct. Although if we take a run in the AHL playoffs I get it.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Pickard can stay in Tucson for 14 days before the Coyotes have to either recall him or waive him and he’ll be grabbed if that happens.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Pickard can stay in Tucson for 14 days before the Coyotes have to either recall him or waive him and he’ll be grabbed if that happens.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Leaf's reclaimed him, their goalie depth is kinda weak.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I wouldn't be surprised if the Leaf's reclaimed him, their goalie depth is kinda weak.

I don’t think he’ll get to waivers. They’ll bring him back up and let Hill get more starts in the AHL.

They can always unload him at the TDL for picks or another player.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don’t think he’ll get to waivers. They’ll bring him back up and let Hill get more starts in the AHL.

They can always unload him at the TDL for picks or another player.
You think you can get a return for a guy you got off waivers who faltered in Philly and hasn't played a game for your team?? I suppose It's possible but I'm doubtful.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
the Pickard pick up still seems monumentally stupid n retrospect.

A bit dramatic Del.

Are you bothered that we couldn't claim Scherback? He's been waived by two teams in the last month. If he's any better than Kempe it can't be by much.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
You think you can get a return for a guy you got off waivers who faltered in Philly and hasn't played a game for your team?? I suppose It's possible but I'm doubtful.

It’s going to depend on how he plays, but anything is possible.

Pickard didn’t cost us anything to get him in the first place, so if even we got a 7th for him it’s a gain.

Reactions: Lilhoody

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
A bit dramatic Del.

Are you bothered that we couldn't claim Scherback? He's been waived by two teams in the last month. If he's any better than Kempe it can't be by much.
It's not anybody in particular. Just the flexibility and the fact we got ourselves immediately right back at the limit.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think we can get a return on Keumper. It's a mid round pick but hey frees up a backup spot for next season for Hill.

Reactions: Jakey53

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
The problem is, all the Coyotes have is back-up's. Raanta is great, but, appears he cannot be more than a back-up.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You said the Leafs could claim him if he was to hit the waiver wire, so they may be interested. Getting close to the playoffs there may be a few more teams interested than you think. Who really cares, he's only worth a bucket of pucks.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You said the Leafs could claim him if he was to hit the waiver wire, so they may be interested. Getting close to the playoffs there may be a few more teams interested than you think. Who really cares, he's only worth a bucket of pucks.
You don't see a difference between claiming off waivers and getting a player or picks in return???

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You don't see a difference between claiming off waivers and getting a player or picks in return???
Sure do, but teams that are in contention for the SC want to make sure they have depth, so giving up a pick means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Sure do, but teams that are in contention for the SC want to make sure they have depth, so giving up a pick means nothing in the grand scheme of things.
People who are in contention for the Stanley Cup aren't looking for a Pickard for their NHL roster. He's an AHL goalie.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
People who are in contention for the Stanley Cup aren't looking for a Pickard for their NHL roster. He's an AHL goalie.
Well, the Leafs who are in contention, just picked up Hutchison for their back up who has almost identical stats as Pickard and two years older. If Anderson gets hurt they are screwed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad