Confirmed with Link: Pickard claimed off waivers - Update: Recalled to Coyotes 1/12/19

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
We have farm teams for a reason.

Farm teams do not exist for the sole purpose of getting destroyed when the parent club has a crisis and there are options for covering the crisis other than destroying the farm team.

Since we're using the word "farm" specifically, you do not harvest your crops early or slaughter your livestock when they're still in infancy just because you're hungry, when there are people leaving food around that you can get for free instead.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Would you rather pay nothing for an above average AHL goal for a few games or take the chance on destroying your prospects by throwing them into the fire? It's a nothing move for security.
I understand. What would they have done if Pickard wasn't on waivers? I just hope Raanta and Kuemper are only gone for a game or two. I heard this day to day crap before and it turned into a month.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I understand. What would they have done if Pickard wasn't on waivers? I just hope Raanta and Kuemper are only gone for a game or two. I heard this day to day crap before and it turned into a month.
I would guess they would either waste a draft pick to get a similar guy or throw the two guys to the wolves. Not really a good plan for the team.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Good article by Cat Silverman on the Athletic on how we were debating between Pickard and Visentin at the draft. Apparently Visentin's love of exercise made the difference.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Trade for a worse Wedgewood asset. Involves giving up a mid/late pick for a bandaid.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Good article by Cat Silverman on the Athletic on how we were debating between Pickard and Visentin at the draft. Apparently Visentin's love of exercise made the difference.
That's just sad how much we wanted a goalie... Hell of a lot of good players picked after him

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
This just cost us Scherbak. He’s on waivers today. Good buddies with Galchenyuk and a decent gamble to help our winger problem.

I thought it cost Zykov, yesterday. Do you really think Scherbak is the next Super Mario?

I'd say the number of contracts costs Yotes the right to claim players. The number of injured players, partly inflated by strategy. I'm not saying the strategy is wrong. (Hinostroza? ). But it is a burden. Roadrunners have 11 forwards and 10 defencemen? If Scherbak is really good, the team can still get him. If they, say, trade one of those defencemen for "future considerations" or something, fast. So it is possible in theory. I don't say it's desireable, or even possible in real life. Any defenceman in the AHL who is good in the A, so he is wanted, but don't have upside?

Ha. If any AHL-players reads this, relax. I just throw in weird comments from the other side of the globe.:laugh:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This just cost us Scherbak. He’s on waivers today. Good buddies with Galchenyuk and a decent gamble to help our winger problem.

I thought it cost Zykov, yesterday. Do you really think Scherbak is the next Super Mario?

I'd say the number of contracts costs Yotes the right to claim players. The number of injured players, partly inflated by strategy. I'm not saying the strategy is wrong. (Hinostroza? ). But it is a burden. Roadrunners have 11 forwards and 10 defencemen? If Scherbak is really good, the team can still get him. If they, say, trade one of those defencemen for "future considerations" or something, fast. So it is possible in theory. I don't say it's desireable, or even possible in real life. Any defenceman in the AHL who is good in the A, so he is wanted, but don't have upside?

Ha. If any AHL-players reads this, relax. I just throw in weird comments from the other side of the globe.:laugh:
Why is it that when a player becomes available on waivers someone on this board thinks he is better than what we have and we should claim them? Most times it's called dumpster diving.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017

Claimed by the team with the best priority. (Kings).

So, no, didn't cost Scherbak.

(edit with source from main boards: )

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
And it took 2 years to both figure it out and have it affect his numbers? Not buying it.
He probably is better than Johnsson made him look. 3 goals scored in 1:38 of playing time, all 5 hole. As was mentioned they played on the same team and obviously Johnsson knew a weakness.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017

Meaning he wants to prove himself for the Yotes, he could have declined that, if I get this right. So, he can be loaned for up to 14 days so he can play some games in the A, without waivers.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Meaning he wants to prove himself for the Yotes, he could have declined that, if I get this right. So, he can be loaned for up to 14 days so he can play some games in the A, without waivers.
He knows he's an AHL goalie, salary is same, and Tucson weather is nice.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Pickard is on loan as a conditioning assignment. I kind of expect him to eventually be the backup to Kuemper and Hill goes back to the Roadrunners.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Pickard is on loan as a conditioning assignment. I kind of expect him to eventually be the backup to Kuemper and Hill goes back to the Roadrunners.

I get the impression Hill has figured it out... When do we know if the rest of the league can figure him out?

Reactions: doaner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->