Confirmed with Link: Pickard claimed off waivers - Update: Recalled to Coyotes 1/12/19

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The 26-year-old has a 4-2-2 record this season, with a 4.01 goals-against average and .863 save percentage in 11 games this with the Flyers.

30seryc.png

https://www.tsn.ca/coyotes-claim-g-pickard-off-waivers-1.1218051

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I don't hate it, he had pretty decent numbers against us and has always been looked at as a somewhat reliable backup. Got to believe when Kuemper comes back, this man goes back to another team. I like it better than i like starting Hill for 2 weeks.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Goalies are just weird and inconsistent as hell. Tons of them start hot and flame out. Look at what Mike Condon and Andrew Hammond did in Ottawa for example.
Cory Schneider went from one of the best players in the world to one of the worst.

Reactions: Lilhoody

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Goalies are just weird and inconsistent as hell. Tons of them start hot and flame out. Look at what Mike Condon and Andrew Hammond did in Ottawa for example.
Cory Schneider went from one of the best players in the world to one of the worst.
If you watched the Leaf's play Philly last week an AHL teammate from last year scored 3 on Pickard all to the same spot. Guys figure out weaknesses and if you Can't adapt you are done.

Reactions: Jakey53

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
If you watched the Leaf's play Philly last week an AHL teammate from last year scored 3 on Pickard all to the same spot. Guys figure out weaknesses and if you Can't adapt you are done.

And it took 2 years to both figure it out and have it affect his numbers? Not buying it.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
And it took 2 years to both figure it out and have it affect his numbers? Not buying it.
Think of it like baseball, very rarely can a pitcher get through the batters 3 times in a game. It takes a few times seeing a goalie to figure out his tendencies and exploit them if he doesn't adapt. Same things happens to forwards, some call it the Sophomore slump. Once the other teams have seen you a few times they can stop you much easier if you don't continue to change.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
I remember there was a goalie considered 1st round caliber that the Coyotes were hot on and disappointed they didnt draft.. I think it was this guy.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Don't like this. The other guys are just day to day so just ride Hill for a game or two.

We finally dumped a contract and now we get one right back. We better hope somebody claims Pickard once we're done with him.

Reactions: Jakey53

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Don't mind Pickard as a stopgap. I've been told (not sure if accurate) that Hill is starting tonight. My concern is that this likely means one of Raanta or Kuemper is going to be out for a significant amount of time. Getting Pickard so he can keep the bench warm and not disrupt our AHL tandem of Hill and Miska is fine.

Reactions: Lilhoody

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Packard will be reclaimed. Likely by Toronto. Only $800K. UFA at end of year. Likely only with us for a month oR so pending health of Raanta or Keumper.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Yeah, this looked like the only way to do it.

The guy has a five-hole the size of a stargate though.

Reactions: Fyreman

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
On a side-note, who runs the PR-department? No messages about a new player on the Facebook-page yet. Slow... Try to pretend he is a great pick-up, then.

Perhaps Raanta and Kuemper can make him get his mojo, they both have relatively long contracts, and shouldn't be to afraid of telling him what he is doing wrong...

To go back to being a bit more overly optimistic here. :arr:

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Then why pick him up?

Because the Yotes has two goalies injured, and would soon be playing the RR with an empty net? And Pickard is on an almost minimum wage, expiring contract, anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->