Pick your young defenceman

Pick your young defenceman

• Total voters

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
How is Dahlin leading? He hasn't shown that he will be the best of the bunch. Miro has been the best to date and can't imagine he won't get better. Makar can pass them all.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
If I have to pick a guy who I think gives me the best chance to win a cup right now, it's Heiskanen.

He's the best defensively by a wide margin and is very good offensively.

Reactions: MrThomas

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Can't go wrong with any of Heiskanen, Makar, or Dahlin. Chabot is great too. I haven't seen enough of Hughes just yet to judge him. He's been quiet in the Canucks games I've seen

Reactions: klozge

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
How? Heiskanen has been better so far

Dahlin is younger and did litteraly everything better last season, offensively, defensively, moving the puck. This season, they have been comparable. Dahlin has scored a lot more in less minutes since they got into the League.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Dahlin is younger and did litteraly everything better last season, offensively, defensively, moving the puck. This season, they have been comparable. Dahlin has scored a lot more in less minutes since they got into the League.

a lot more? Dahlin has 6 points and Heiskanen 13 points 5vs5

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
a lot more? Dahlin has 6 points and Heiskanen 13 points 5vs5

Both have 13 points this season, Dahlin is a great PP QB unlike line Heiskanen, just using 5v5 is irrelevant. Dahlin outproduces him massively per minute. Dahlin has 57 NHL points in 102 games and Heiskanen 47 in 103 games since they got into the league, which was what I was talking about. That is a large difference, especially considering the gap in age. Since they came into the NHL, Dahlin has also had better defensive stats, don’t base it of a 20 game sample size where Dahlin still has better scoring per minute.

Last edited:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Dahlin is a generational #1 pick. The dude is a beast who sits on the bench entire periods. Obvious pick is him. Generational no one else is close.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad