Pick your top 4 for the EAST division

Who you'll think that will make it to the playoffs in the EAST division?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I want to find a reason to vote for NYR, but just like last year I say they make a nice push/run down the wire, but they end up on the outside looking in.

Boston was doing a bit so-so recently, but just won 4 straight, and honestly they're a good team, i can't see them let their lead slip. i don't see any of the top 4 faltering.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
As hot as the Rangers are, I don't see them making it. Although, if they do make it, I don't think it will be over Boston, rather over PIT or NYI.

Pit is on a 14 year playoff qualification streak. They have a big lead. I think they've probably earned the benefit of the doubt too - I don't see them going anywhere.

For what it's worth, Pitt and Boston both have a much easier schedule than any of the other top 5 teams.
Pitt - 11 games to go, and 7 are against Buff/Philly/NJ.
Boston 13 games to go, 5x Buffalo and 2x NJ.

Washington has the toughest schedule easily, but they're also the farthest on top.

Simply put - Rangers are probably too far back.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s probably going to be the top four right now.

Rangers end with two against the Bruins, and are four behind, so if the lead is 4 points going into the final two games of the season, that could be a two game series to make the playoffs. The Bruins have two games in hand, and an easy schedule remaining, so it’s unlikely the deficit is four going into those final two games.

If the Rangers make it, it might actually be at the expensive of the Penguins or Isles. All three teams have played the same number of games. Rangers deficit to the Isles is eight with three games remaining between the teams. Deficit to the Penguins is 7 with no games remaining between the teams. I would think that with 11 games remaining the Rangers need 16-17 points from those remaining games to make the playoffs. Not impossible, but it’ll be difficult.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Pit is on a 14 year playoff qualification streak. They have a big lead. I think they've probably earned the benefit of the doubt too - I don't see them going anywhere.

For what it's worth, Pitt and Boston both have a much easier schedule than any of the other top 5 teams.
Pitt - 11 games to go, and 7 are against Buff/Philly/NJ.
Boston 13 games to go, 5x Buffalo and 2x NJ.

Washington has the toughest schedule easily, but they're also the farthest on top.

Simply put - Rangers are probably too far back.
Did you misread the first sentence or just choose to ignore it altogether? :laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Current top 4. Rangers are making it interesting, but I think it's a little too late. If this was an 82 game schedule, things might be different. But making up the kind of ground they have to with around 10-11 games left is very, very difficult.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
At this point, if the Rangers make it, I think it will be over the Islanders. Islanders are 8 points up, but they play each other tomorrow, and then Islanders have 3 straight against Washington, while the Rangers have 2 against Philly and 2 against Buffalo. After that, the Rangers and Islanders play 2 more times.

If the Rangers can win in regulation tomorrow, and then make up another 2+ points before the teams play again, they have a chance. The teams are currently tied on Regulation Wins, the first tie-breaker, so if they end up tied on points, odds are the Rangers will have more RW.

Reactions: Crow

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The Rangers have been on fire for the past month but it's too late. They dug themselves a serious hole in the first half of the season and I can't see the Bruins blowing it with Rask and a few core players back from injury now.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Why is everyone saying the Rangers are on fire this month? because they beat up on the devils 4 games in a row lol. Playing .500 hockey and beating up the devils shouldn’t be that impressive.

Let’s see how they finish the year playing isles x2, caps x2, Boston x2.

This ones very easy. Top 4

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It's probably the Top 4, but if NYR can really put a hurting on some of the teams they have games against, it could get interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad