Pick Your Group

Pick One?

• Total voters

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
Who would win on any given night, given that the historic teams skill and athletic ability could translate to today's game? Players can be taken at peak or average, your call.

Balance

Marchand-Bergeron-P.Kane
Tkachuk-Barkov-Marner

Hedman-Burns
Klefbom-Letang
Josi-Hamilton

Lundqvist
Price

Goals

Ovechkin-Matthews-Pastrnak
Hall-MacKinnon-Kucherov

Hughes-Carlson
Rielly-Makar
Krug-Karlsson

Rask
Fleury

Historic

LeClair-Sundin-Selanne
Andrechuk-Yashin-Bossy

Housley-Boyle
Gonchar-L.Murphy
Stevens-Chelios

Belfour
Vokoun

Last edited:

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Balance

Marchand-Bergeron-Kane
Tkachuk-Barkov-Marner

Hedman-Burns
Klefbom-Letang
Josi-Hamilton

Lundqvist
Price

Goals

Ovechkin-Matthews-Pastrnak
Hall-MacKinnon-Kucherov

Hughes-Carlson
Rielly-Makar
Krug-Karlsson

Rask
Fleury

Which Kane is this? E. Kane since P. Kane belong more in the goal team than the balance team. P. Kane is way more an offensive player than an all situation guy.

Do you mean goals or points? Because a guy like Hall have only put up more than 30 goals once. I wouldn't say Marner is a better two way forward than Kucherov or Pastrnak either. A guy like Stone belongs way more on the balance team. Not to mention the defenders. You have almost put all the defenders putting up high totals in the goal column on the balance team. 5 of them are in the top 9 in goals scored the last 3 years. Burns is probably the least balanced off all the defenders. Not to mention Letang who can't defend at all. He's been horrible in his own zone for some years now. While Carlson and Rielly belongs more in the balanced group, but are fine in the goals group to. Carlson have PKed 5th most in the league since the 10-11 season. Where are guys like Pietrangelo, Giordano and Doughty on team balance? Would suit the right side way more than the 3 already there.

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
Which Kane is this? E. Kane since P. Kane belong more in the goal team than the balance team. P. Kane is way more an offensive player than an all situation guy.

Do you mean goals or points? Because a guy like Hall have only put up more than 30 goals once. I wouldn't say Marner is a better two way forward than Kucherov or Pastrnak either. A guy like Stone belongs way more on the balance team. Not to mention the defenders. You have almost put all the defenders putting up high totals in the goal column on the balance team. 5 of them are in the top 9 in goals scored the last 3 years. Burns is probably the least balanced off all the defenders. Not to mention Letang who can't defend at all. He's been horrible in his own zone for some years now. While Carlson and Rielly belongs more in the balanced group, but are fine in the goals group to. Carlson have PKed 5th most in the league since the 10-11 season. Where are guys like Pietrangelo, Giordano and Doughty on team balance? Would suit the right side way more than the 3 already there.

My goal was more for a balanced array of players on team one, not really two way players.

Team two was goals scored rather than goal scorers.

Team three is just random oldies.

I do agree with you if you take into account your thoughts on the teams, I should have been more clear.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Holy crap, why don’t you create your own thread if you don’t like 3/4s of the players they posted?

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
It's not "Team Defense" OP clearly meant the balanced team to be a combination of offensive and defensive players, or, if you will, a balance.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I had to think about it, but it was between Goals and Historic, and went with the latter. Stevens and Chelios are nicely hidden at the bottom in this trick question. This pair beats any other pair from any other team, plus the four remaining defensemen are still really good, especially at generating offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad