Salary Cap: Pick Your 2 Disposable Roster players for Trade!

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I get why a Dubas doesn’t want to trade, it sort of admits a bad move. On the other hand we know what stubbornness can cause. Barrie walking for nothing makes the trade a bit of a joke if you ask me.

Kadri 4,500,000
Liljegren $1,263,333
=$5,763,333
Kerfoot $3,500,000
barrie. $2,750,000
=$6,250,000
$500,000+ more for a lesser center and Ufa that takes playing time away from our top prospect RHD that is ready now and better defensively easily. Plus we’ll throw in a 3rd round pick for their 6th round pick. Plus we threw in Rosen and plus we helped to the tune of $2,750,000 on Barrie by taking half that contract.

It never was a great trade eh! Terrible trade actually from the get go. All because Kadri got suspended? It is on Dubas to do better than that for Kadri. I don’t care how p!ssed he was at the suspension.

Everyone was so caught up in arguing over the supposed over pays of Willy and Mitch to notice this terrible transgression;)

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Kadri 4,500,000
Liljegren $1,263,333
=$5,763,333
Kerfoot $3,500,000
barrie. $2,750,000
=$6,250,000
$500,000+ more for a lesser center and Ufa that takes playing time away from our top prospect RHD that is ready now and better defensively easily. Plus we’ll throw in a 3rd round pick for their 6th round pick. Plus we threw in Rosen and plus we helped to the tune of $2,750,000 on Barrie by taking half that contract.

It never was a great trade eh! Terrible trade actually from the get go. All because Kadri got suspended? It is on Dubas to do better than that for Kadri. I don’t care how p!ssed he was at the suspension.

Everyone was so caught up in arguing over the supposed over pays of Willy and Mitch to notice this terrible transgression;)
I’ll stick with my original assessment, with a modification. It’s a bad trade if you don’t resign Barrie, one year of a offensive d man and a serviceable NHLer isn’t good return for a quality center. The modification, I now don’t even want to resign Barrie now, he’s so abysmal defensively he is nowhere worth what he will get as a UFA. Trade him and offset the Kadri loss.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I’ll stick with my original assessment, with a modification. It’s a bad trade if you don’t resign Barrie, one year of a offensive d man and a serviceable NHLer isn’t good return for a quality center. The modification, I now don’t even want to resign Barrie now, he’s so abysmal defensively he is nowhere worth what he will get as a UFA. Trade him and offset the Kadri loss.

That seems the best safe bet now. Big loss.

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
Funny enough, I've been wondering whether Rielly isn't a guy we need to move. He's great offensively, but NEEDS a solid defensive guy, to cover up for the reality that he isn't that good defensively.

Barrie's been better defensively, and frankly, offensively since Keefe took over as well. I have to wonder, is a roster with Muzzin, Barrie, Liljegren, Sandin, and Dermott, a better start than with Rielly?

Rielly has been hurt this year though it's definitely affected his defensive play. Offense too. Healthy, I'd take rielly over Barrie defensively.

Trading rielly almost certainly sets the leafs back but maybe it's worth it if he has crazy contract expectations.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
I’m going to ignore Ceci for the purposes of this thread as he’s beyond disposable.
Johnsson + Dermott. Add a first and that’s a package towards sealing up our gaping hole at the top of the blue line

We don’t have a 1st this year. Gave it to Carolina so they would take Marleau.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
We don’t have a 1st this year. Gave it to Carolina so they would take Marleau.
You are capable of trading firsts beyond the current season.
also you really think someone would be so active on here and not know that about their own team?

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
Johnsson & Barrie

With the emergence of Soupman and Engval, Johnsson is expendable.
Kappy kills penalties and is more useful.

We don't need scoring from the back end. Sandin, Reilly, Dermott are good enough threats.
We have a top flight offense in the league, so we need some big, stay at home defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->