Salary Cap: Pick Your 2 Disposable Roster players for Trade!

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
If we are going to miss I'd trade Barrie and Muzzin though only if signing Muzzin was not going to happen. Normally I'd trade Spezza but out of respect he gets a pass. Mid season trying to win? Ceci is a cap dump but I'd try. I'd trade Kapanen for a RHD with term if possible.

I guess if we are a playoff team the ideal trade is Kap+Ceci+stuff for RHD and Backup ideally both with term. Of course you take the closest fit possible since the ideal is unlikely.

Reactions: NoTouchIcing

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If we are going to miss I'd trade Barrie and Muzzin though only if signing Muzzin was not going to happen. Normally I'd trade Spezza but out of respect he gets a pass. Mid season trying to win? Ceci is a cap dump but I'd try. I'd trade Kapanen for a RHD with term if possible.

I guess if we are a playoff team the ideal trade is Kap+Ceci+stuff for RHD and Backup ideally both with term. Of course you take the closest fit possible since the ideal is unlikely.

I'd be shocked if they choose to sell. You gotta go for it. Unless they keep collapsing the rest of the way till the trade deadline or something. I'd trade anyone, except for Matthews, if we got a stud D back. You can't keep everyone and get a really good d that can make a big difference.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I'd be shocked if they choose to sell. You gotta go for it. Unless they keep collapsing the rest of the way till the trade deadline or something. I'd trade anyone, except for Matthews, if we got a stud D back. You can't keep everyone and get a really good d that can make a big difference.
Im sure it is more likely we do everything to get into the playoffs than we become sellers but yes, if they collapse we sell. We are not currently in a playoff spot, we cant fall much further back before we have to pack it in.

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
I’ll drop both KK and AJ for the right return. I think they can both be replaced by cheaper in-house alternatives. It would make us more vulnerable to injury up front, but the D / G we get in return would be high quality.
And you act now, we’ll throw in a Ceci free of charge!

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
The third line forwards making 2-3m that can be replaced by players making under 1m.

Hyman Kerfoot Johnsson Kapanen Mikheyev(new deal)

For

Engvall Moore Timashov Korahkov

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
AJ - he has become more replaceable with the emergence of some of the younger players in the squad.

Cec - If there is a trade, go for it Dubas, please!

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Disposable would be Timashov and Ceci.

In terms of move-able players with value. Barrie and Johnsson. Behind them would be Dermott and Kerfoot.

I would not be surprised to see none of them with the club next year.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
Rielly-he might be TO's best d-man but if he is the best then that's a major reason TO will not progress. For years Leaf fans complained that Kessel wasn't the type of player that could deliver a Cup, he was at best a support player and he was an essential support part of a Cup winner with Pitts. TO's d isn't going to be good enough with Rielly as center piece so I think it might make sense to move him in search of that player. I don't want TO ending up feeling that it will have to give him tons of money just to keep him much like TO did with Kessel and Phanny.

Kappy-love him when he's on but mostly he's an all effort without the mind to harness his talent. He probably has 2 good years in him topping out at 50 points but the rest of his game is so inconsistent, he's maddening.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Just Tavares, would solve a lot of cap issues, keep all youth

Even in a worst case scenario, total armageddon, I don't think that happens till at least Year 4 and I think there are many ways to avoid that. Hopefully.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think Andreas Johnsson is the most disposable player in the organization. Guys like Mikheyev and Engvall are far more impactful athletes and the role he had on the Matthews line shouldn't be an option for him. He's basically a small rush player with questionable on ice vision and intelligence. If we could turn him into Adam Larsson that would be great.

Resistance

Nov 10, 2019
Even in a worst case scenario, total armageddon, I don't think that happens till at least Year 4 and I think there are many ways to avoid that. Hopefully.

Should probably plan ahead and get rid of assets before they decline, especially when their tag is 11 million. Otherwise we will be including more 1sts to deal him.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Rielly-he might be TO's best d-man but if he is the best then that's a major reason TO will not progress. For years Leaf fans complained that Kessel wasn't the type of player that could deliver a Cup, he was at best a support player and he was an essential support part of a Cup winner with Pitts. TO's d isn't going to be good enough with Rielly as center piece so I think it might make sense to move him in search of that player. I don't want TO ending up feeling that it will have to give him tons of money just to keep him much like TO did with Kessel and Phanny.

Kappy-love him when he's on but mostly he's an all effort without the mind to harness his talent. He probably has 2 good years in him topping out at 50 points but the rest of his game is so inconsistent, he's maddening.

Funny enough, I've been wondering whether Rielly isn't a guy we need to move. He's great offensively, but NEEDS a solid defensive guy, to cover up for the reality that he isn't that good defensively.

Barrie's been better defensively, and frankly, offensively since Keefe took over as well. I have to wonder, is a roster with Muzzin, Barrie, Liljegren, Sandin, and Dermott, a better start than with Rielly?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->