Pick the 3 teams you wish wins the draft lottery

If you could choose the 3 teams that wins the draft lottery, which teams would it be?

• Total voters

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
what the heck people

the kings have one playoff win since 2014, an aging roster, and just has the worst season in their history. the kings only 1st overall pick was in 1967, their expansion year.

why exactly dont the kings deserve it? or why specifically do the devils (hischier), oilers (mcdavid, rnh, etc), avalanche (mackinnon), sabres (dahlin), panthers (ekblad), and even to some extent the blackhawks (kane, albeit 12 years ago) deserve to win the lottery?

i can understand the rest i suppose, but not these ones i listed.

top five picks (and position picked) per team since 2010:
edmonton (1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 4)
buffalo (1, 2, 2)
florida (1, 2, 3, 3)
colorado (1, 2, 4)
toronto (1, 4, 5)
new jersey (1, 4)
columbus (2, 3, 4)
carolina (2, 5, 5)
winnipeg (2)
philly (2)
boston (2)
montreal (3, 3)
dallas (3)
tampa (3)
arizona (3, 5)
islanders (4, 5, 5, 5)
ottawa (4)
calgary (4)
nashville (4)
vancouver (5, 5)

just for fun, the two years the oilers didnt pick top five, they took nurse at 7 and yamamoto at 22

Not sure if you're serious, but the obvious answer is their two Cups. No one's gonna feel bad for the Kings for the next 20 years

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I went with Detroit, Anaheim and Minnesota. In the case of the later 2 they are teams that generally don't have much high end drafting in recent years, while Detroit I don't believe has had a top 5 pick recently

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I wish I could vote one team 3x.

Edmonton/Edmonton/Edmonton

They haven't got enough top picks in the recent years...

Okay but for real, I hope that Colorado is in the top-2 and gets Kakko or Hughes. They would be a very fun team after that.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
1 - Edmonton. I'm an Oil fan. We need it. No we by no means deserve it. There should be a rule barring a team from winning 2 1st overall picks within 5 years IMO.
2 - Detroit. They were my second favorite team in the 90's and they stayed strong for so many years. They really do deserve a lottery win.
3 - Chicago. Over a decade ago they tanked for a few years to pick up the picks they needed and they built a team within one rebuild (what's Edmonton on 3 or 4 now?) that led to winning multiple cups. They did it right and they were floundering for a bit but it looks like they're on the way back up now that Kane and Toews contracts have become more manageable with the rise of the salary cap. If they grabbed a 1st overall pick right now it could easily pull-vault them right back into contention within 2 years.

Honorable mention: New York Rangers. In their long history they've only picked 1st overall ONCE and it was all the way back in 1965. They've made smart moves as they've traded away assets to rebuild over the past few seasons and a 1st overall pick would greatly quicken their rebuild. They had 3 firsts last year and they've got 2 this year. If they win the lottery their youth movement is going to be booming.
Rangers also haven’t had a top 3 selection since 1966

Reactions: thadd

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Not sure if you're serious, but the obvious answer is their two Cups. No one's gonna feel bad for the Kings for the next 20 years

The thing with the Kings is they have the easiest time attracting talent, because there LA, so they don’t need a cost protected young player. They can easily retool by shedding some cap and pick up say Panarin and other FAs.

New Jersey would be neat, just because I think that would be Taylor Halls 5th lottery win. Ottawa just because of the chaos of trading number 1OA for nothing

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
1. Vancouver cause im a fan & we always get shafted in these lotteries

2. Florida young team that just hasnt got over the hump. Wouldnt mind see them get into the playoffs regularly.

3. Detriot / Arizona. (Voted DET) Hughes going to Michigan would be a cool story. Altho the Wings have had alot of success. Arizona hasnt & could use a 1st pick bad.

Dont want to see Ottawa, that fanbase has been through enough & Colorado already has stars upfront.

Dont want to see Edmonton obvs.

Dont want Montreal, Buffalo, Philly or New Jersey. They've all already won. Buffalo especially.

Dont want LA or Chicago. Theyve had alot of success this decade.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The thing with the Kings is they have the easiest time attracting talent, because there LA, so they don’t need a cost protected young player. They can easily retool by shedding some cap and pick up say Panarin and other FAs.

That’s just not true though, historically speaking. The Kings’ biggest FA signings are Kovalchuk, Rob Scuderi, Michael Handzus, and Willie Mitchell. People talk about what how great it is to live at the beach, but you don’t actually see talent flocking here. Kings only landed Kovalchuk because we were the only team to offer an extra year.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
what the heck people

the kings have one playoff win since 2014, an aging roster, and just has the worst season in their history. the kings only 1st overall pick was in 1967, their expansion year.

why exactly dont the kings deserve it? or why specifically do the devils (hischier), oilers (mcdavid, rnh, etc), avalanche (mackinnon), sabres (dahlin), panthers (ekblad), and even to some extent the blackhawks (kane, albeit 12 years ago) deserve to win the lottery?

i can understand the rest i suppose, but not these ones i listed.

top five picks (and position picked) per team since 2010:
edmonton (1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 4)
buffalo (1, 2, 2)
florida (1, 2, 3, 3)
colorado (1, 2, 4)
toronto (1, 4, 5)
new jersey (1, 4)
columbus (2, 3, 4)
carolina (2, 5, 5)
winnipeg (2)
philly (2)
boston (2)
montreal (3, 3)
dallas (3)
tampa (3)
arizona (3, 5)
islanders (4, 5, 5, 5)
ottawa (4)
calgary (4)
nashville (4)
vancouver (5, 5)

just for fun, the two years the oilers didnt pick top five, they took nurse at 7 and yamamoto at 22

Id take 20 years of being Edmonton for 1 cup win. Let alone 2 in 3 years

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
aside from being homer and wanting the Devils to win, I feel like if they did it would solidify Taylor Hall as the draft lottery GOAT

also Ottawa and Edmonton for the lols

UncleOscar

Feb 12, 2010
Austin, TX
Rangers, Red Wings, Canucks.

Rangers as a fan of the team, Red Wings because they likely need it the most and Canucks because I think it'd be cool to have two incredibly talented brothers playing for the same team again.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Montreal because I'm a Habs fan, Buffalo and Edmonton for the anger it would cause and because I don't want to see McDavid and Eichel wasting away on garbage teams. Would love to see McDavid/Drai/Hughes and Eichel/Kakko/Dahlin for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->