Pick the 3 teams you wish wins the draft lottery

If you could choose the 3 teams that wins the draft lottery, which teams would it be?

• Total voters

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Picked Vancouver as a fan, Detroit because they probably "deserve" it the most, and Ottawa/Colorado for the lols.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Oilers/Wild/Rangers

Oilers desperately need to get Mcdavid help now, winning the lottery would be monumental for next season.

Both the Wild and Rangers need a game breaking franchise player and don't play in our conference/division so I picked them.

Reactions: RareDangles

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Really want the Rangers to win. Think it would be great for the NHL to have Jack Hughes as a New York Ranger.

Also picked Florida because I want to see Barkov in the playoffs and he's going to need help to get there.

Finally picked Detroit because they badly need it and they also are in the East.

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
Edmonton Montreal and Chicago but starting to think the rangers deserve it this year

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I'm fine with any team not in the Metro.

If I had to pick one team, I guess I would choose Ottawa, as that would complete the hilarity of the whole trade. And it's a sunk cost for Ottawa at this point regardless, so it's not like rooting for Ottawa here would be more detrimental to them.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
1 - Edmonton. I'm an Oil fan. We need it. No we by no means deserve it. There should be a rule barring a team from winning 2 1st overall picks within 5 years IMO.
2 - Detroit. They were my second favorite team in the 90's and they stayed strong for so many years. They really do deserve a lottery win.
3 - Chicago. Over a decade ago they tanked for a few years to pick up the picks they needed and they built a team within one rebuild (what's Edmonton on 3 or 4 now?) that led to winning multiple cups. They did it right and they were floundering for a bit but it looks like they're on the way back up now that Kane and Toews contracts have become more manageable with the rise of the salary cap. If they grabbed a 1st overall pick right now it could easily pull-vault them right back into contention within 2 years.

Honorable mention: New York Rangers. In their long history they've only picked 1st overall ONCE and it was all the way back in 1965. They've made smart moves as they've traded away assets to rebuild over the past few seasons and a 1st overall pick would greatly quicken their rebuild. They had 3 firsts last year and they've got 2 this year. If they win the lottery their youth movement is going to be booming.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
I don't care if you cheer for another team in the Central, everyone except Sens fans should be hoping that pick ends up 1st overall.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Vancouver.

Did not vote for Detroit. They have been successful for way too long and hardly suffered compared to other franchise teams.

Reactions: HabsMD97

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Rangers, because they haven't had a high pick in forever. Arizona and Detroit are my other picks.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
what the heck people

the kings have one playoff win since 2014, an aging roster, and just has the worst season in their history. the kings only 1st overall pick was in 1967, their expansion year.

why exactly dont the kings deserve it? or why specifically do the devils (hischier), oilers (mcdavid, rnh, etc), avalanche (mackinnon), sabres (dahlin), panthers (ekblad), and even to some extent the blackhawks (kane, albeit 12 years ago) deserve to win the lottery?

i can understand the rest i suppose, but not these ones i listed.

top five picks (and position picked) per team since 2010:
edmonton (1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 4)
buffalo (1, 2, 2)
florida (1, 2, 3, 3)
colorado (1, 2, 4)
toronto (1, 4, 5)
new jersey (1, 4)
columbus (2, 3, 4)
carolina (2, 5, 5)
winnipeg (2)
philly (2)
boston (2)
montreal (3, 3)
dallas (3)
tampa (3)
arizona (3, 5)
islanders (4, 5, 5, 5)
ottawa (4)
calgary (4)
nashville (4)
vancouver (5, 5)

just for fun, the two years the oilers didnt pick top five, they took nurse at 7 and yamamoto at 22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->