• Doughty

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Makar
Fox
McAvoy

The people voting Hedman probably haven't seen him play in 2+ months.

Reactions: Arwin

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Voted Makar, Letang and Hedman

Honestly I picked Makar thinking it was Fox though - and now I can't go back and change my vote lol. I'd probably do Fox/Hedman for sure - was tempted to give Letang a vote because nobody's talking about him but he just had a stellar season. But I would change it to Makar/Fox/Hedman if I could

Reactions: sanscosm

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Voted Makar, Letang and Hedman

Honestly I picked Makar thinking it was Fox though - and now I can't go back and change my vote lol. I'd probably do Fox/Hedman for sure - was tempted to give Letang a vote because nobody's talking about him but he just had a stellar season. But I would change it to Makar/Fox/Hedman if I could

Why Hedman though? He's been terrible for months.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Why Hedman though? He's been terrible for months.

Please explain how he has been terrible. I'm genuinely curious because this is news to me

Either way, Fox is probably gonna win. Getting twice as much attention as any other dman out there

Will probably be:

Fox
Hedman
Makar

Makar probably wins of he doesn't get injured

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Please explain how he has been terrible. I'm genuinely curious because this is news to me

Either way, Fox is probably gonna win. Getting twice as much attention as any other dman out there

Will probably be:

Fox
Hedman
Makar

Makar probably wins of he doesn't get injured

This is a pretty good read if you wanna dive a little bit in Hedman's season.

Victor Hedman Shouldn't Win the Norris Trophy

Also wanna add that I mean that he's been terrible when comparing to how good he can be, not to other Ds in the league, because of course he's still a great defenceman and I view this season as an anomaly.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Only 2/3 would have Hedman in their top 3.

To think HFBoards loves to criticize actual experts who vote for these awards.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Fox

Hedman
Makar
Nurse

Nurse has had an unreal season production wise at even strength and been a two way horse. He deserves some love for his season. He’s developed into a true #1D man.

Watching Nurse this year is exactly why the old adage of “D men take time to develop and it’s rarely linear growth”.

He had some hiccups when he was younger, like many many elite D men before him. But man has he ever become a good hockey player. He’ll be in the top 4 for Canada at the 2022 Olympics.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
This is a pretty good read if you wanna dive a little bit in Hedman's season.

Victor Hedman Shouldn't Win the Norris Trophy

Also wanna add that I mean that he's been terrible when comparing to how good he can be, not to other Ds in the league, because of course he's still a great defenceman and I view this season as an anomaly.

I'm still not sure if these polls are for who we think should win or will win. I think there's question marks about Hedman's play but I'm pretty sure he'll still be a finalist.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Fox

Hedman
Makar
Nurse

Nurse has had an unreal season production wise at even strength and been a two way horse. He deserves some love for his season. He’s developed into a true #1D man.

Watching Nurse this year is exactly why the old adage of “D men take time to develop and it’s rarely linear growth”.

He had some hiccups when he was younger, like many many elite D men before him. But man has he ever become a good hockey player. He’ll be in the top 4 for Canada at the 2022 Olympics.
LMAO! You’re such a homer, it’a not even funny. The only way Nurse makes the team is if there are injuries. Let me guess, Barrie is making the team, too? :laugh:

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
LMAO! You’re such a homer, it’a not even funny. The only way Nurse makes the team is if there are injuries.

Yea. Nurse has had a good season, maybe top 10, but Oilers fans are hugely overrating it, because they're looking at his offensive numbers and combining them with the idea that he's also been really good defensively, but while his overall numbers are strong due to the offense, he's still giving up significantly more goals and chances when he's on the ice compared to the team when he's off, even when accounting for playing time with Barrie. While a large part of that is likely due to playing so much with McDrai and thus playing a more offensive game, that would then also need to be taken into account for the offensive numbers. Can't have it both ways.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Yea. Nurse has had a good season, maybe top 10, but Oilers fans are hugely overrating it, because they're looking at his offensive numbers and combining them with the idea that he's also been really good defensively, but while his overall numbers are strong due to the offense, he's still giving up significantly more goals and chances when he's on the ice compared to the team when he's off, even when accounting for playing time with Barrie. While a large part of that is likely due to playing so much with McDrai and thus playing a more offensive game, that would then also need to be taken into account for the offensive numbers. Can't have it both ways.
Played the most minutes per game for any defenseman that will make the playoffs, has the 2nd most goals, is plus 29 and somehow you came up with this as a response.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Played the most minutes per game for any defenseman that will make the playoffs, has the 2nd most goals, is plus 29 and somehow you came up with this as a response.

I talk about how he gives up more chances and goals with him on the ice than off, and that his offense is partly influenced by forwards and yet somehow your response is to talk about minutes and goals. The reason why I think he's being overrated a bit is because his traditional statline looks better than his play when you deep dive into it, which is why giving me that statline is pointless. Again, still a very good season, but I don't think he deserves serious Norris consideration.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->